Anybody watching Surreal Life?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Brent Cantrell, Jan 9, 2003.

1. Brent Cantrell

Brent Cantrell Stunt Coordinator

Have to admit, I farking HATE reality TV ('cept for Animal Precinct), but I enjoyed this one a lot. Maybe it's a bit of rehashing the stars I grew up with, or maybe it's the chance to see WHO they really are, (more or less). Overall, I thought it was sort of funny, but to be honest, I really can't wait for everyone to tear into Corey. (Like a car wreck, you know?).
    Anyone else think much of it?

2. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

I don't watch much reality TV, but this one interested me because of the celebrity participants. I enjoyed it a lot too.

~T

3. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

Same here. The only other reality show I've watched much is the grandaddy of them all, COPS. This caught my interest though as Corey seems to be a complete jerk, but doesn't realize it. Did anyone understand his justification for wearing leather shoes?

4. Mike_Stuewe

Mike_Stuewe Stunt Coordinator

I am watchin every episode. Cuz HAMMER is THE MAN! I wish he would teach the roommates how to dance or something. That would be so awesome. I wonder if he brought any of those HAMMER pants along with him.
    Oh and no I am not being sarcastic, HAMMER really is the man. At least in my book [​IMG]

5. MickeS

MickeS Producer

double post

6. MickeS

MickeS Producer

Haven't watched it yet, but will on Sunday, when WB reruns it, at least here. Looks like it could be interesting, and Vince Neil is one of my childhood (and adulthood [​IMG]) "idols", so this should be fun. [​IMG]

7. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I caught bits and pieces, but will try to watch a "replay" of it if it shows up on the weekend on the WB as well. I still don't know why Brandy Roderick is considered a "has-been celeb" though. But she's mighty fine eye candy.

8. Kevin Goodwin

Kevin Goodwin Stunt Coordinator

Pat, I think anybody who's been on Baywatch immediately moves into the "has-been" category. [​IMG]

9. Jeff Kohn

Jeff Kohn Supporting Actor

I thought it was kinda funny, she was like "Who's this Gerri chick, and what makes her think she belongs?", and meanwhile I didn't know who the hell she was (we missed the 1st 15 minutes with the intros, and I've never watched Baywatch).

10. Bill Slack

Bill Slack Supporting Actor

No Corey Haim? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I watched a bit of it the other day... The description of the 'Corey' that IS on the show is spot on...

11. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I watched it tonight, it was pretty entertaining.
    They played up the "bitch" angle with Jerri a little much though. Did they intentionally leave her out of the first bonding experience so should be even more of an outsider, or was she just late?
    Coreys girlfriend seemed pretty hot, the little we saw of her. Did they get married? If so, are they STILL married? [​IMG]
    I guess we'll see. I'll tune in again. And Vince seemed very laidback. I'm reading "The dirt" right now, he's been through some wild stuff, I doubt he feels he has anything to prove at least. The part about him having dated Coreys ex-wife was pretty funny.

12. Ning Wong

Ning Wong Stunt Coordinator

Corey is a punk. but ilove it!

13. Lee L

Lee L Supporting Actor

I'm sure they had Gerri come in late to enhance her outsider status. I was also perplexed at the Playboy chick thinking that Gerri did not belong. Yes she was on Baywatch Hawaii but compared to the others who had real name recognition she was out of place too.

Corey is rather bizarre. Saying that his decision to be a vegitarian is a moral one and then wearing leather shoes is mighty hypocritical IMO. I definitely did not buy that bit about accepting gifts.

14. MickeS

MickeS Producer

I would go so far as to say that I bet more people recognize Jerri than Brande Roderick. Yeah, I recognize the name, but I could not have told you who it was if I had just seen a picture. Jerri on the other hand had an audience of 20 million a week for like 6 weeks or something. Plus, she was in Playboy too, and I think that issue sold pretty well.

But Brande seemed very disappointed that Robin Givens wasn't there. WTF? Why would she be so interesting?

/Mike

15. Rocky F

Rocky F Second Unit

I usually avoid reality shows like the plague, but we watched the repeat last night and it was pretty funny. I mostly just watched it to see what everybody was up to, and I got that out of my system, so I guess its up to the wife whether we keep watching it or not.

16. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

When does the WB re-air the thursday show?

17. MickeS

MickeS Producer

They showed a rerun of it yesterday.

18. Andres Munoz

Andres Munoz Cinematographer

So the re-runs are on sundays? Do you know at what time?

Thanks in advance.

19. Thi Them

Thi Them Producer

Last night's episode was really fun. It was hilarious watching Hammer and Corey in that competition to see who ends up in the tent with Jerri. I wish this show was longer than 30 minutes.

~T

20. Dan Rudolph

Dan Rudolph Producer

I loved it when Hammer gave the speech about how none of them really have it hard and how Corey could get acting jobs if he'd get the stick out of his ass.