What's new

Anybody use the VOOM HDTV Service? (1 Viewer)

Beau B

Stunt Coordinator
Hello, I saw the ad on tv the other day and was wondering if anyone has this service or have herd anything about it.

Thanks, Beau

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
I have Voom service with 5 receivers. The quality is great, but the voom only hdtv channels have boring programing.

What did you want to know about it?

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I'm curious: do you get network programming with Voom with shows in HD from the WB and things like CSI, ER?

Any idea if the olympics will have HD programming with Voom?

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
They provide an antenna for OTA. In general, this is the one they provide:

ChannelMaster Stealth 3010

However, it did not work at all at my location. It might work at yours, but not here.

They will substitute a better antenna (up to about $45 worth or so) if necessary. I had them pick up one of the best UHF antennas available, the ChannelMaster 4228 (8-bay):

This one picks up channels much better, though NBC is still a little weak (I need a preamp).

I get these OTA digital's:

CBS, NBC, KTLA, ABC, KTTV, KCOP, KSCI, IWHY, HCET (1 & 2), HOCE, KRCA

I'm not positive about the olympics. Perhaps someone else can chime in.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
I am in an area with "Hills" in the name - for good reason. Antennaweb.org says I need a very large antenna and the results wont be good (not to mention a strong home-owners association).

So Voom does not offer network HD feed via sat? (CBS, ABC, WB, Paramount)?

Voom was suspicious as the first week they had the product at Sears, one of their chief investors was trying to sell off his intrests/back out of the company. This was a large vote of no-confidence when something like this happens.

The Voom web site does say "Local Digital Channels" but they are careful to NOT say "HD". Darn.

I dont suppose VOOM has a PVR type reciever?

Gabriel_Lam

Screenwriter
Hmm. How are the directions? Mine are all pretty much in 1 direction (16-17 degrees) to Mount Wilson.

BTW, don't forget there are things your HOA can and cannot restrict.

Link Removed

Their PVR is in the works, but it hasn't been released yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks