Anybody try the new IPOD WALL DOCKING SYSTEM......

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Adrian>G, Jun 14, 2005.

1. Adrian>G

Adrian>G Agent

I was reading home electronics and home theatre magazine, and in both was articles about the new ipod wall docking system. Where you install a port in to your wall and you can plant your current ipod and listen to music throughout your whole house or how ever you want to set it up. Just wondering if anyone has tried the install or even tried it out.

2. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    Are you talking about the one by Sonance? If so, it is a pretty basic install, and I have heard good things about them. You just need a single cat5 cable running back to the included wall plate that is installed near your audio equipment. It will provide, audio, power (for charging) and IR to the Ipod provided you have the optional plug in receiver. They are not cheap, expect to pay between 500 and 600.

3. Adrian>G

Adrian>G Agent

hmm I hope its not that hard of a install, otherwise I will just keep it where it belongs, that is connected to my ears lol.

4. Adam Gregorich

Owner

Adam
    It all depends on how hard it is in your home to pull a cat5 cable from your audio gear to where you want to put the Ipod

5. Adrian>G

Adrian>G Agent

Does not sound hard at all, if I do get it I will let everyone know how the install goes