What's new

Anybody Think Christmas Gifts Are A Huge Waste Of Money? (1 Viewer)

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Well most of us buy what we want regardless of the time of year. But I do love buying Christmas presents for our 3 nieces and newphew. The best part is watching them open the gifts.

And on the employee Christmas party gift thing; what if one doesn't like their co-workers?

I'll get my wife some Yankee candles (she loves candles in general) and she'll get me a couple DVD's.

David_Moechnig

Stunt Coordinator
My christmas is especially expensive this year, I bought a diamond ring for my soon to be (hopefully) fiancee. That right there killed any intention of upgrading my stereo equipment any time soon.

David Moechnig

Mike Poindexter

Stunt Coordinator
Uhhh, so you're saying that she may tell you to take flying leap while keeping your ring?
Not so easy. Giving a woman a diamond ring and asking her to marry you is entering into a contractual agreement. She agrees to marry you and takes the ring. If she changes her mind, she must return the ring. This precedent has been set in court, according to my uncle who was an attourney and also a small claims court judge.

If she marries you, the ring is hers to keep, as she fulfilled the obligation to get married. I do not know how it works out on the divorce settlement, as my ex and I didn't fight over the rings. As I bought my band and her ring, I would say I got the short end of the stick, but I got my freedom and that was worth it to me. And she lost her meal ticket...

Scott Strang

Screenwriter
Not so easy. Giving a woman a diamond ring and asking her to marry you is entering into a contractual agreement. She agrees to marry you and takes the ring. If she changes her mind, she must return the ring. This precedent has been set in court, according to my uncle who was an attourney and also a small claims court judge.
Come to think of it, I've heard that before. If only it had come to mind when a woman that was supposed to marry me bailed out and kept the ring.

Looking back I realize it was a blessing in disguise to just have the winch out of my life and well worth the money I spent on the ring.

Anders Englund

Second Unit
Christmas is about two things:
Commerce and materialism.

And I don't mean that in a bad way. I fully embrace the spirit of christmas when I set out to buy gifts for my children, my wife or someone else I know. Some people I spend more money on (my kids), and some I spend less on (my parents). But I love doing it. I'm not religious one bit so I have no problems embracing the commercial christmas.

--Anders

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NHCondon
Recent bookmarks