Anybody seen Stryper on their current tour?

Discussion in 'Music' started by Andrew s wells, Oct 30, 2003.

1. Andrew s wells

Andrew s wells Second Unit

Guys... if you havent ever seen them live, this could be another chance.. The tour dates (remaining) are listed at stryper.com if you need the info (I tried cut and paste but it wouldn't let me). I have my ticket for the show in Raleigh N.C. if any of you go to that it would be cool to get to meet you. [​IMG]

2. Andrew s wells

Andrew s wells Second Unit

O.K. Don't be shy.. I see some people have at least looked at this post.. do any of you plan on going? They really are a great band and don't get the credit they deserve. For those of you who are interested, there are plans for a live CD/DVD from this tour. [​IMG]

3. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor

I saw them live in something like 1991 in a club when they were wearing blue and black. They are outstanding musicians, the dual guitar solos are extremely impressive. Kind of lost interest though - the music's just not that compelling.

4. ElevSkyMovie

ElevSkyMovie Supporting Actor

I would probably go see them, but the closest they are comeing is about 4 hours away and I'm not that interested.

I still listen to 'Against the Law' once in a while, but other than that, I'd rather listen to Bride or Barren Cross.

5. John_Bonner

John_Bonner Supporting Actor

I saw these guys a bunch of times in the late '80s at clubs like L'Amour, L'Amour East and The Ritz. The put on a good show and back then they had quite a nice following of big-haired metal chicks. Michael Sweet has/had a great voice. I was also impressed by how well they could recreate the vocal harmonies live.

I see that they are playing in Asbury Park on Nov 16th. Don't know if I'll go but it's a thought. Thanks for the update Andrew.