1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody remember Steel Justice? c1998

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Jon_Gu, Jul 24, 2004.

1. Jon_Gu

Jon_Gu Stunt Coordinator

I'm not 100% sure this is the correct title for the show. The show premiered in 1998 or 1999. The premise reminded me of the Equalizer. I can't remember the name of the lead character, had dark hair. His secretary was a sometimes sidekick and he drove a black 1970 Dodge Charger.

The show only lasted for half a season...give or take. I thought the show had real promise, but as with many of my favorite shows it bit the dust early.

Can anybody help me with this one? I've searched TVShowsOnDVD and can't find it using either steel or justice.

2. James Landau

James Landau Stunt Coordinator

I think the show you're talking about is Vengeance Unlimited. It starred Michael Madsen (Reservoir Dogs) as Mr. Chapel and premiered on ABC in the fall of 1998. Unfortunately, ABC chose not to air it during the sweeps months of November and February. (Great way to kill the ratings ABC!) As I recall, it got a couple airings in March and was then cancelled.

I absolutely loved this show. In the last half decade, ABC has cancelled quite a few shows I liked, but I've never forgiven them for cancelling this one. Oddly though, I don't remember the secretary you mentioned. I remember him as being quite mysterious and a strict loner.

I thought the one thing that made this show so much better than The Equalizer was the way Chapel seemed to be able to do anything he wanted to the bad guys with complete impunity. It was almost like he was supernatural. I remember one episode where he broke into a rich guys home at night and called the guy on his cell phone to tell him he was in the house. To prove it, he started knocking valuable art objects to the floor smashing them. The guy heard the noise, jumped out of bed, grabbed a gun and started searching his house for Chapel. Chapel continued leisurely smashing the guy's possessions while mocking him over the phone. Yet, search as he might, the guy couldn't find him!

3. Jon_Gu

Jon_Gu Stunt Coordinator

That's the show!!! I found it at TVShowsOnDVD and promptly voted for it. [​IMG]

His assistant was the girl he helped in the first show, 'KC' played by Kathleen York. The critics thought it was too violent, the didn't care for the show, so it MUST have been a great show. [​IMG]

IMDB reviewed it as a "Stingray for the 90's"...which reminded me of another great show, STINGRAY. Gotta go vote for that one too.