Anybody remember Number Invaders?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Hunter P, Aug 22, 2003.

1. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

Number Invaders was this game that I remembered playing in the early 80's. It was played on a calculator watch. Numbers would scroll at the top of the LED display and you would have to punch in the numbers as they appeared or something like that. My memory is kinda sketchy.

I have been trying to find a watch that might have this game feature or maybe a PC clone. Anyone know what the hell I'm talking about?

2. Chris Knox

Chris Knox Stunt Coordinator

I hjave a typing tutor that has a gaame like that, but it is for words and you have to type them. I imagine it is very similar to the game you are referring to.

3. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    yes, I think I know what you're talking about. I have a small Casio credit card sized calculator that has a game on it that is like this. The calculator has like an 8 digit LCD screen and numbers would scroll from the right and you have a "aim" and a "fire" button, the aim would cycle between 0-9 and the fire would activate the hit. You have to match any number in the line to get a hit and remove the number. If the numbers advanced to your "gun" you lost. They also had a wildcard that appears like an 'n' on the screen that if you hit this, all the digits would disappear..

The Casio also had a music mode where the keys became music notes and you could play music...

If this is what you're talking about, my Casio is a
    Casio MC-770 that I've had for YEARS, possibly more than 10, I tried a google search to no avail but there's probably some shareware floating around out there.

Jay

4. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

Jay H, yes, that is the one. definitely.

Thank gawd I'm not just hallucinating again. The pink elephant was telling me that I'm crazy and the game never existed. But know now he's the crazy one.[​IMG][​IMG]

I couldn't remember exactly how the game was played so thanks for that. Maybe with this new found ammo I can locate it.

5. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

6. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

Double sweet. I found a simulator for the PC. Not quite the same as playing on the watch, so I'm still going to look.

The cool thing about this link is that it has simulators for a bunch of hand held games I remember playing in the 80's.

http://www.cwinapp.com/simulators/

7. brentl

brentl Cinematographer

You had a calculator watch[​IMG] :p)

Brent

8. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

I still see a few people around wearing calculator watchs.

9. Hunter P

Hunter P Screenwriter

Dude, I was like 9. I might have had a calc watch but I still looked cool.[​IMG] I even had knee high socks with the three stripes at the top to complete the look.[​IMG]