Anybody read Clive Cussler?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Darren Lewis, Jan 5, 2002.

1. Darren Lewis

Darren Lewis Supporting Actor

I've just finished his latest book "Valhalla Rising" (you can read my review here )
    Has anyone else read this. I didn't find it as good as his earlier works?
    What about the ending?
    Cussler is obviously setting the scene for something new. Is he planning to phase out the old Pitt to replace him with a newer younger character? Is he going to let another author work on his series as happened with the NUMA files?

2. Michael Warner

Michael Warner Supporting Actor

I read most of his earlier works but starting in the mid 1990s the plotlines got a little too outlandish for my tastes. I do, however, admire the author for funding the marine archaeology projects that have provided him with so many of his story ideas. I met him a few times when I was managing a bookstore and he is quite a character in person.

3. Kurt B

Kurt B Stunt Coordinator

I've read all his works and agree with you Darren. After finishing the book, I felt it was quite anti-climatic in that Dirk and Al didn't seem to have the same drive and pizazz.

Couple that with the fact he let us in on how Al ended up with the same cigars as the admiral which till now was a running story line within his books.

I wonder if Mr. Cussler intends this to be his final book.

4. Darren Lewis

Kurt, I hadn't considered that. Have you read any of the NUMA files books that he co-wrote?

Perhaps Paul Kemprecos will continue the stories with Dirk Pitt Jnr.

5. Kurt B

Kurt B Stunt Coordinator

Darren:
    Yes I have. Found them to be pretty good.
    If Kemprecos continues the Pitt tradition, I sure hope he builds on them as Cussler did. I'd sure hate to see a PC Pitt [​IMG]

~Kurt

6. Darren Lewis

Must be some more Cussler fans amongst us.

Anybody got any more news about the film that's being made.