Anybody play with the "hidden" secret of the RX-V1; the Memory Banks

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Danny Owens, Jan 3, 2002.

1. Danny Owens

Danny Owens Agent

I just started playing with the Home Memory Banks on my RX-V1. It allows different configurations for speaker calibrations and other settings. I like to watch concert DVD's without the center speaker. IT was a bit troublesome flipping around on my Marantz RC5000 remote to turn off the center channel. Now I have programmed a button to switch to Memory Bank B (which I programmed to not have a center speaker) for concert DVD's. I also have different surround level calibrations that I like for concert DVD's; so, those are also programmed in Memory Bank B. Then, when I want to watch TV I switch back to Memory Bank A. This allows a user to set up the RX-V1 to have several different profiles.

The strange thing is, there is nothing in the manual that even mentions it. I e-mailed Yamaha customer service regarding this capability and this is what they wrote me:

2. Keith Mickunas

Keith Mickunas Cinematographer

There's been some discussion of these on remote central. Yamaha provides PDFs of the entire selection of codes that are available for use with the RAV-2000. These include the volume and memory banks, as well as discretes for just about everything. There's complete listings with the codes needed for other Pronto remotes available at remote central also.