What's new

Anybody picking up NCAA 2002 for PS2?? (1 Viewer)

James St

Supporting Actor
I saw this game is coming out today. Being an EA game I'm sure it will use the new Madden engine. I'm thinking of picking it up but may wait for some reviews first. Any early reviews?

MaxPowers

Auditioning
i pre-ordered this game on the internet about a month ago, so i have to wait for it ship to my house, but it looks like it will be the best college football game ever made so far.

Van Patton

Second Unit
ign.com had a big preview about it. Im picking it up because I'll be able to play college football for the first time in 128 bit graphics.
------------------

Rob Varto

Supporting Actor
Ill be at my local EB picking mine up tomorrow (7/25). Early reviews/previews make this one look like a winner. From what I understand, you can import your seniors into Madden 2002. Way too cool!

Yohan Pamudji

Supporting Actor
Picking this one up tomorrow also. I love college football, and Madden 2001 was only a temporary fix. NCAA 2002 should fit the bill nicely.
------------------
This screen has been formatted to fit your movie.

Gary King

Second Unit
As opposed to the 37 1/2 bit graphics in NCAA Gamebreaker 2001
wink.gif

James St

Supporting Actor
Ok I decided to pick it up. So far I've enjoyed every second of the game. It plays the same as Madden 2001 with a few visual refinements in the players faces and sizes. Stadiums are very detailed and commentary is much better than Madden. The only bad thing I can think of so far is memory usage. I remember these games took up almost an entire card on PS1. Well its not that bad but you'll need 3.5 mb according to the back of the case. This I believe goes towards the tons of stats, profiles and rosters you can save. I think you can manually edit all the players to add their real names in but I haven't had a chance to mess with all that yet. Well back to the game.

Van Patton

Second Unit
All 989 products now suck so thats why I'm not gonnna acknowledge their game! They completly bastardized the Twisted Metal series. And the GameDay series when it went 3D past 98 it was terrible.

James St

Supporting Actor
Also if anyone wanted to know, it does have 16:9 widescreen support. The menus are 4:3 but once the game loads its 16:9.

William Ward

Supporting Actor
Is there going to be college football for Dreamcast?? I'd rather pay $100 for a system just to play a college football game than $300. Also, is NCAA 2002 gouing to be available for PS1???
------------------
William
Go Bucs!!
MyDVDs

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
Anyone else having trouble with this title? It is making terrible sounds in my PS2 and is INCREDIBLY slow. Great game though! I play with mostly Southern Miss and TCU.
biggrin.gif

------------------
jsb.jpg-thumb_122_91.jpg

Jay and Silent Bob in
CLERKS

MatS

Screenwriter
Kenny,
you need to take the game you have back and have it exchanged. There was a defective batch of these that got out in the initial shippments. There were lengthy discussions about this at the ps2ign boards.
take care of this so you can play this amazing game without any problems

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I got this game, and I like it better than Madden 2001 for PS2. I'm not so sure whether or not this game is coming out for PSOne. Yes, there is a Dreamcast college football game coming out, I think it's called road to the Rose Bowl or something like that. Anyway, NCAA 2002 is based upon the Madden engine with very little modifications (as opposed to previous efforts where the PSOne Madden engine was taken and basically bastardized). If any fans of the NCAA series knows, the triple option wasn't an actual triple option, but this problem has now been remedied. The game still isn't geared towards a run 'n' shoot offense (if you're going to throw the ball, it's going to have to be downfield). Oh well, it's the best buy I've made on my PS2 so far.
------------------
"I don't know, Marge. Trying is the first step towards failure." - Homer J. Simpson

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
Well I took it back to Wal Mart and the kid there said he knew about this but I could not return it. He said College Football is always slower than pro football and there was nothing they could do about it and refused to take it back. Guess I have to go back when he is not there.
Is EA Sports doing anything about this? Or are they being assholes like Universal was about JP DTS?
------------------
jsb.jpg-thumb_122_91.jpg

Jay and Silent Bob in
CLERKS

MatS

Screenwriter
Kenny,
Don't let some clerk pull your chain. Ask to speak to the manager. Hell Walmart is notorious for taking everything back, even crap they don't stock. If you are asking for an even exchange there should be no problem.
As far as I know EA is being silent about the issue

Kenny Goldin

Second Unit
Is there a way to tell a good disc without opening it or do I have to look for D2R2?
laugh.gif

------------------
jsb.jpg-thumb_122_91.jpg

Jay and Silent Bob in
CLERKS

MatS

Screenwriter
here is one of many threads on the issue...funny sounds like you got the same idiotic clerk as this guy..as a matter of fact if I'm not mistaken it looks like this 'is' your post
Link Removed
[Edited last by MatS on August 18, 2001 at 05:12 PM]

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation554
Recent bookmarks