Anybody picked up the Zenith HDV420?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Jonathan, Nov 12, 2002.

1. Jonathan

Jonathan Second Unit

My local channels have finally all went HD and I really want to get a HDTV tuner. I can't find any reviews on the receiver. With my employee discount I can get one for about $250.00. Is it a good decoder or should I spend more money on a different brand. Thanks in advance!

2. Guy Usher

Guy Usher Supporting Actor

I bought one of these yesterday, couldnt make up my mind between this and the Samsung sir-t151, still cant, I was going to post the question. . .
    I do like some of the features on the Zenith (analog pass-thru) and it is very easy to set-up. I live near Columbus, Ohio and it seems they display most of their programing (digital) in 480P and 4.3 mode, when true 1080I comes along it does push it out to 16:9, watched a movie on WB that was great, dont remember the name. I just moved in and the TV is still settling down from the move.
    I found many reviews using Google and 1 had a direct comparison between the Son of Sam and the Zenith, as usual each has strong points, put the two together and it would be killer.
    I bought mine at Circuit city for 399, have untill the end of Jan to return it for full refund. I was on my way to buy the Samsung when I stopped to look at indoor antennas, I bought the Terk BowTie and it seems to do well. Looks like I get 6 DTV channels and a few more analog.
    For 250 it is a no brainer to me. . .
    I too am looking for more user info on this piece, I will stay tuned.