Anybody own a Sony CE-525 CD player?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul_Fisher, Sep 23, 2002.

1. Paul_Fisher

Paul_Fisher Screenwriter

Dec 27, 2001
    I just bought this off of ebay for $56. I was just wondering if I got a good deal. Is this a decent CD player?

2. KeithH

KeithH Lead Actor

Mar 28, 2000
    Paul, it depends on what type of player you are used to. The 'CE525 is a few years old, and in its day, it was a good changer for the money. It certainly held its own against comparably priced players. As memory serves, the 'CE525 sold for around $180.

I once had the successor to the 'CE525, which was the 'CE535. The two players are virtually identical. They look the same, and the only obvious difference between them is that the 'CE525 has Sony's older Control A1 for interfacing with a Sony receiver, minidisc player, cassette deck, etc., while the 'CE535 has the current Control A1II interface. In any event, I was happy with the 'CE535 for couple of months, at which point I purchased a Sony ES 300-disc megachanger. The megachanger was a much better player. Of course, it cost me three times as much as the 'CE535. Still, better was better, and I sold the 'CE535 about a month after getting the megachanger.

In any event, at $56, you got a good player, assuming it is in good condition, cosmetically and operationally. I hope it works out for you.