Anybody own a Pocket PC...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Andre F, Apr 28, 2002.

1. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

I just picked up an Audiovox Maestro and love it! I'm curious to see if anyone else on the forum has picked up a Pocket PC.

-Andre F

2. Mark Paquette

Mark Paquette Supporting Actor

Andre,

I've had a few. Currently I'm using a Jornada 568, which is a great piece of hardware. It's going on Ebay this week though. New models coming out soon, gotta clear the decks and get ready.

3. Scott Falkler

Scott Falkler Second Unit

I have a Jornada 720 that I use when I'm not at home ro school. It has all the office programs and works very well...

4. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

Currently still using my trusty old Casio E-125 every single day, and it works just fine. A bit on the heavy side, but solid... it has had a couple unfortunate run-ins with the floor so far and no problems whatsoever.
    I'm about to trade up to the new Fujitsu-Siemens Pocket LOOX (I didn't name it [​IMG] ) though, with the phone addon. Always-on network access and phone functions in one box, with the new Intel XScale 400mhz cpu in it too... woohoo.

5. Andre F

Andre F Screenwriter

Kimmo,

Do you have any links on the XScale processors? They sound pretty cool.

-Andre F

6. GaryAR

GaryAR Agent

7. Kimmo Jaskari

Kimmo Jaskari Screenwriter

Don't have any Xscale sites offhand, but it's essentially a Strongarm CPU (100% compatible) but with much improved power management. It scales CPU power up and down depending on load... maybe that's where they found the name, who knows.
    If 400MHz is required it goes to that speed, but when idle it slows down.
    At least that is what I have picked up via the net. Doesn't have to be 100% accurate. [​IMG]
    The new Fujitsu-Siemens is supposedly going to have a minimum of 12 hours of non-stop usage time out of the box, which is pretty darn good. With occasional usage (like most people do, much less than 12 hours a day) it should last days between recharges.