What's new

Anybody need Springsteen tkts..??? (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Giants stadium. July 15th. Not looking to make any profit. Just can't use...

:) D

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
Me thinks scalping is illegal, though I have been known to be wrong on occasion

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Thanx for the defense, Thomas!
Yes, scalping IS illegal, and I stated clearly that I am NOT looking to make a profit on these. I don't know what about "not looking to make a profit..." you didn't understand exactly...
I bought these tkts. along with a few other friends through different venues, (online, phone, ticketmaster outlet simultaneously) and we wound up with more tkts. than we need. Very simple. I don't need them, I am not looking to make any dough. Just the tkt. face price. Not even asking for the ticketmaster charge that I paid for the tkts... So if anyone bought these they'd actually be SAVING money.

Sheeeee.....

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
Not even asking for the ticketmaster charge that I paid for the tkts... So if anyone bought these they'd actually be SAVING money
well then, YOU would be the one getting scalped, and then whoever buys them from you is committing a crime! not really. anyway, i never realized why the practice of scalping is illegal. i dont see any reason why someone cant buy a REASONABLE number of tickets, say two, and sell them if they cant use them. i know its not something that cant easily be done within the current ticket purchasing system, but what is the big deal about going above face value of the tickets? i'm not condoning it or anything, but still. if i happened to come across two super bowl tickets, and i didnt have a use for them....and i wouldnt, i'd be so bored at a football game, i dont even watch the sb...but you had better be sure i'm getting as much money as i can possibly get for the tickets, completely disregarding the face value. i dont know if i have confidentiality here, like a lawyer/client or doctor/patient relationship. maybe HTF post writer/HTF post reader? what i'm saying is, if i ever get super bowl tickets, i intend to commit a crime :)

CJ

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Good point, Christ

Yes, there are legal ticket brokers based in other states where thay can charge whatever they want for previously bought tkts.
But in this case I didn't buy these 4 to sell and make a profit, I bought then to go and see Springsteen. I am now going on a different nite with my peeps and I have extra. I just want the face price. If someone is a fan and needs tkts. and I can help them out that is more than enough for me. I know what it's like to not be able to get tkts. once a show is sold out, (U2, Elevation tour, anyone?) and you can't pay the broker price, so I'm not asking for any profit.

I am psyched to go as who knows when they will all tour again?

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
But in this case I didn't buy these 4 to sell and make a profit, I bought then to go and see Springsteen. I am now going on a different nite with my peeps and I have extra. I just want the face price
no i understand, everything i posted was hypothetical anyway. out of curiosity, what would a broker be able to charge above what you paid for them? ive been to a concert where it was sold out, and i got tickets from a fan, like you are doing. didnt cost me any extra, worked out well. have fun at the show

CJ

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, as far as I know it depends on the state. Some don't have any rules relating to ticket reselling. They often charge double etc.... Just look on Ebay. Many of the sellers are these agencies...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks