What's new

Anybody make Lego movies with the Lego Studio? (1 Viewer)

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I have had the Lego Studio set for sometime now, and Am about to embark on my first Lego movie. Actuall, quite a bit of Lego movies.
You can go here to look at upcoming Lego movies done by kids and young adults. www.lego.com/studios/ under screening room.
Plus check out all the different sets that are now availble.
I'm thinking about getting the exploding bank and moving helicopter.
But first I need Lego actors.
I plan on doing an original movie then maybe some parody movies.
------------------

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
That's so cool! How much does everything cost? When I was a kid, I tried to make Lego movies with a camcorder.
~T

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Hahahahaha....those are just too cool!! :)
I loved the Jurassic Bark movie and especially loved the Monty Python Lego movie!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I'm checking out the North American Lego film contest.
Most are done my little kids, but they are funny.
I'm in the storyboard process, and hope to start filing mine sometime in 2weeks. After I build all my sets of course!:)
The Main Lego Studio set runs about $90-$100 I think.
With the other add on sets ranging in price

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I goofed on the price quote.

The price of the MAIN studio set is $199. but it goes to Steven Speilbergs charity(100%)

I'll definitly let everyone know when I finish my first movie.

Currently my MPAA rating for the movie is looking to be 'R'

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
That looks really cool John, you'll have to link us to it when you're done. I've never seen this lego studio set. What kind of camera do you use?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
The Lego Studio set comes with a small 'Lego' dig camera. It made of legos on the outside, so you can sturdy it with other legos, for a tripod or mount it on a track, to move the camera along.

The camera is ok, but you need lots of light beaming on your subject{s} But works better if its in natural light. I think you can also use reg dig cameras.

The software that comes with it, is really cool.

It has numerous sound effects/voices and music.

Special effects and screen wipeing techniques.

I think its worth the price, even if the dig. camera isn't the greatest, but if you have enough light, you can make really cool movies.

Also, the Lego website has continous updates for your editting software, for newer things. You also get a lego Steven Speilberg director.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Color me simple-minded, but I'm a bit confused as to what this is? How is this Lego system different from buying some Legos and a video camera, and making movies with them? Does it come with custom computer software to aid in editing?

That said, what a great idea! I grew up on Legos, but thought the past several years of Legos have shown a decline in creativity. But the Mindstorm system and now this movie-making system are really neat!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
You also have to keep in mind, that this lego camera set is designed for 8-16 yr olds. So those age groups can't afford nice cameras and such.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks