Anybody looking forward to Pacific Assult?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Brandon_T, Jul 20, 2004.

1. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

The much anticipated Medal of Honor sequal is due in Sept. and is promising big things. I was just wondering if there were any medal of honor players here. I am actually in a clan, I used to rip on those people, but it is fun and gives me a place to play.

Brandon

2. Jay Mitchosky

Jay Mitchosky Producer

Looks like an interesting premise. Amazing how many war titles are available.

3. Scott L

Scott L Producer

I'm in a mohaa clan myself, first game that ever made me join one. It's good nerdy fun to get on Teamspeak, yukking it up with clanmates and random people as well.

We already have our host ready to set up another server for us when the game arrives. I saw the new videos and it looks like it keeps the same cinematic feel, and I'm glad they created that MOHTeam to get feedback from the gaming community. Rudedog has been pushing for leaning while running with the rest of us. [​IMG]

4. Jesse Blacklow

Jesse Blacklow Cinematographer

I think the true Medal of Honor crown passed onto Infinity Ward's Call of Duty, along with the majority of the (now former) MOH programmers and leads. MOH: Rising Sun seemed a shadow of the series' former glory. But having checked out the much more expansive vision they have for Pacific Assault, I'm quite impressed. Of course, they not only have to compete with Call of Duty and its upcoming expansion pack and console version, but also Brothers in Arms, which seems to delve even further into the team aspect of singleplayer.

I'm hoping they can restore some credibilty to the franchise, and what I've seen looks good. Still, I'll most likely hold onto my money until I see general approval from the game community, as well as the MOH team's response to mods and such.

5. Scott L

Scott L Producer

COD doesn't have the same feel or soul as mohaa imo. All the characters have the same voice, everyone was bunny hopping like mad until the most recent patch came out, and I just never liked the aiming system and the overall "stiffness" of the players. I like to play it once a month or so but it's just not for me.

I heard that the SP demo for Pacific Assault comes out on Friday.

6. Scott L

Scott L Producer

If you didn't hear the demo was delayed. [​IMG]