What's new

Anybody know where I can find a 6" flared port? (1 Viewer)

Jason Garver

Stunt Coordinator
Just like the title says, I am looking for a 6" flared port for use in my upcoming sub project. I have been unable to find one. I am building a 11 cubic foot sonotube tuned to 16hz. I need to use a 6" port but I cannot find one. Would it be the end of the world to not have a flared port? After all the time and money that Im putting into this project I will not settle for anything less than the best. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I used a 6" wide plumbing quality PVC pipe, with no flare, maybe a slight roundover at the endcap opening. You should be okay without the flared ends.

Jason Garver

Stunt Coordinator
I'm using the Ascendant Audio Atlas 15"

If I can get away with it I would like to use pvc since I can get that locally. I thought about just using a roundover bit on my router but then I would have to mount the port differently and Im not sure the port would be very secure.

ThomasW

Senior HTF Member
NewFoam hasn't had the 6" flares in quite sometime.

Rockford-Fosgate was the company that actually made the 6" AeroPort flares. One might call them directly and ask if there are any available.

A couple of months ago a DIY subwoofer builder in Canada found a pair through a big car audio distributor up there. Now they're sold out.

A straight 8" port flows as much air as a flared 6" port. Unfortunately using 8" material means the port much be much longer

Chad Kuypers

Stunt Coordinator
I am currently trying to secure a source for 6 inch flared ports as we speak. I should have some answers in a couple of days. :)

Chad Kuypers
Ascendant Audio.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member

Yes,great news. If you can say, are they the same ones? The 6" Aeroports aren't nearly as easy to use as the smaller ones, no flange for mounting w/ screws and no coupling for the PVC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treed99
Recent bookmarks