1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody know if 'Bob Newhart' is coming to DVD?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Paul_Stachniak, Sep 2, 2003.

1. Paul_Stachniak

Paul_Stachniak Screenwriter

I really love this show, just discovered it recently. However, the rerun are impossible to catch. Anybody know if there is any talk or plans to release this show on DVD in the future?

2. Eric Paddon

Eric Paddon Screenwriter

I wouldn't bet on it anytime soon since I believe as an MTM production, that would be a Fox release and the experience with the Mary Tyler Moore Show and poor sales for the 1st season sets don't bode well for them tackling the other great MTM produced series of the 70s which is a shame. At the moment, I'd settle for seeing Fox give the second season of Mary another crack, since the story is that all supplementals for that set were finished.

3. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

What Eric said.

4. Paul_Stachniak

Thanks Dave. I was waiting for word from you on this. Sad to hear, but understandable. Thanks as well Eric.

5. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Glad to help. Just don't forget that there are plenty of folks around here who know as much, or more, than I do! [​IMG]

6. Marty M

Marty M Cinematographer

I would also love to see this series on DVD, but I think Eric is unfortuneately probably correct on this. It is too bad because, like MTM, this was a very well written series with a great ensemble cast. This is my second favorite all-time sitcom.

MTM is still my favorite and it is sad we may never see another season of this show. Like many have said, if it were priced like All In The Family, MTM might have a better chance of selling better. Oh well, I digress.

7. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Screenwriter

8. Paul_Stachniak