What's new

Anybody know anything about Tannoys? (1 Viewer)

Scott Stephens

Stunt Coordinator
i'm in the VERY early stages of checking out custom AV designers for my future house (probably be a year or two down the road, but i wanted to get an early jump on things). there's a very reputable HT design/installation company in my town and i was very impressed with their credentials, portfolio, and showroom.

the head designer said she mainly installs tannoy speakers and didn't sound too enthusiastic about using other brands (i guess they're used to tannoys and probably have a relationship with the company).

i don't know much about tannoys but i wanted to get some opinions on both the tannoy brand and this approach of the company sticking with one particular brand of speakers in their installs. anybody with any thoughts i'd be happy to hear them. thanks...

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
Scott, you might want to also post your Tannoy questions here. There are quite a few enthusiastic Tannoy fans there, including the site's owner.

Here's a thread about one Tannoy model to get you started. :)

Their "Dimension" line of speakers are quite beautiful IMO & use their respected concentric woofer/tweeter driver. And don't miss their classy "Prestige" vintage(?) model series & the slightly large "Kingdom" series :eek:--wow.

FeisalK

Screenwriter
probably the only speaker company to ever insert themselves into the language as a word (instead of a proper noun)?

as in "the announcement was made over the tannoy"

LanceJ

Senior HTF Member
ScottCHI: check the dates on this page, and then on the Tannoy "History" page click on 1948 (here's a picture of that "Monitor Black" decribed there). This is just for clarification & not a "caught you!" type of thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks