1. The HTF Tapatalk application has been discontinued. Please see the thread in the Forum Help & Feedback area for more information.
    Dismiss Notice

Anybody know about the KEF THX TDM speakers?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Leo_P, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

I'm looking at getting these speakers and got quoted a price, but I don't know if it's a good price.
    There's only 2 KEF dealers in NYC and one of them gave me a price of $3800 for the following: 1 TDM 23C, the center; 2 TDM 23F, the fronts and; 2 TDM 34DS', the surrounds. Does this seem like a good price?
    Should I tell 'em to come down or should I just tell 'em to throw in a pair of stands for that price?:b

2. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Gosh Leo whish I could help but got nothing for you on the KEF!

Got some stuff about other manufactures new speaks, though I know this does not help you!

~{Might intrest you or others possibly}~

NEW MacIntosh Flagship XRT30

M&K~CS-line 22-29-35"/no stand
    1149.00 to 1199.00

Martin-Logan~Clairity-1
    2695.00/pair

Martin-Logan~Depth Sub-->Triple-8"s

Atlantic Technology~8200-THX Ultra
    6,000 to 18,000.00 complete surround system depending on number of subs, type surrounds, and finish.

Ariel Acoustics~Prototype-Model-9 Floor
    8 to 9,000.00 depending on finish/model will go to stores, slated JAN-03.

Velodyne~1812 SUB-->385lbs-2500 watts
    15,000.00 plus S/H

Thiel~SW-C Smart Sub Crossover (sweet)

Niro~The Niro Two-6.1 (NO SUB)!

Jamo~D7-THX Ultra/Three different configurations available.
    6398.00 to 7998.00

*All Suggested Retail as of CEDIA~Expo*

Regards
    Geoff

3. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

I'll take one of each![​IMG]
    Oh well, I guessed someone out there had some experince with these speakers... Maybe not.

4. Bri~A

Bri~A Agent

Hey Leo... which two dealers are you thinking of in NYC? I know i just purchased a set of Q-series speakers from Harvey electronics (high end electronics chain in the NY area, if you haven't been to one i would suggest it just for the experience of poking around. Its fun for me to check out all the stuff I can aspire to add to my system :-D )and they were able to give me some $ off of list price. They are located on 45th b/w 5th and 6th Aves, as well as inside of ABC Carpet and Home which is located on Broadway and I believe 19th. Maybe they can give you a better price, though as an authorized dealer I'm not sure what kind of a bargain they can give you. Good luck and let me know if they are competitive (I want to know if I was taken[​IMG] ).

5. Leo_P

Leo_P Second Unit

Thanks for the heads-up Bri.
    I looked at the Harvey's website and they don't have the THX speakers, but they do sell KEF.