What's new

anybody interested in a Super Famicon? (1 Viewer)

Jeremy Illingworth

Supporting Actor
There is one at the local thrift store, with the mod to play US games. I think its six bucks, plus shipping. If anybody wants it, let me know and I'll go back and pick it up. Console only, no controllers or cables, although the A/V is the same as the N64 and the controllers should be that same as the US ones.

jeremy

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
I'd be interested in that, Jeremey, if the shipping's low. What'd you reckon it'd cost to ship to Texas?

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
ME ME ME!!!

I want if Brian loses interest (contemplates how to remove Brian from the picture......)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
BTW: All you need to mod a Super Famicom for imports is a pair of pliers :)
push down the dust cover thingy, and you'll see 2 tabs sticking up near where the cart connects. Use said pliers to snap off this tabs and you're done

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
Doesn't removing those things make your SNES/SFC into an international one (can play US/EU/JP games)?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
Yup. You can do a similar thing to an N64 with a gamebit screwdriver. Yank out a little bar and you're good. Until GC, Nintendo has always used physical lockouts that are easily defeated

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
I think that the switch that can be modded into the GCN is a neat little way to break through the region lockout, but I would prefer that it not exist at all.

At least they're making it relatively easy to go around lockouts. The GBA doesn't even have any.

BrianB

Senior HTF Member
Actually, after my purchases this week, I can't afford it (even though it's so cheap). I've bought way way too many games this week. 5 arrived yesterday, with a BIG parcel of Saturn games due from the UK, and that doesn't count the deal I did for 3 old DC games on GameTZ last night. Sigh. So many games, so little time...
So, second in line, it's yours ;)
At least they're making it relatively easy to go around lockouts.
For NTSC machines yes, but in the grand old Nintendo tradition, they've apparently done their upmost to make the PAL machines incompatible with NTSC games. None of the other big console makers bother doing this. Sigh.

Scott Falkler

Second Unit
Just for info, the controllers are the same except the cords are longer and the buttons are not as colorful on the US ones...

Morgan Jolley

Senior HTF Member
If I rip the two little tabs out of my SNES and sold it on E-bay, should I call it "Damaged SNES" or "International SNES"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks