What's new

Anybody in the metro Detroit area own Paradigm Studio 40s? (1 Viewer)

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
A friend of mine is debating between the 20s and the 40s and can't seem to find a pair of the 40s to audition. If anybody's in the area and would be available to demo them for a quick demo (he's spent a lot of time with the 20s, just needs to see if the difference is worth it), LMK!

Thanks!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
There isn't a whole lot of difference tonally, and only a little more extension, it's just that the 40s have much more midrange. The extra driver equates to slightly higher sensitivity as well, so they can play louder with the same power. IMO, between the two, I always say go with 40s.

Joe Hsu

Supporting Actor
yeah, I know...I used to own 40s ;) But words can only explain so much about how something sounds...it's describing a painting to a blind person.

But thanks, your description had some parts that I didn't quite hit on.

Joey_V

Second Unit
i heard the 20s today.... good speakers mind you. i just wasnt blown away - it sounded better than my axiom m22s, with far better soundstaging reproduction - but the axioms and the paradigm 20s sounded rather similar... nothing spectacularly appealing about the 20s other than the added soundstage. i would like to hear the 40s and have mt m22s BLOWN AWAY!:D

ernie.bin

Stunt Coordinator
Would I be a bad person for suggesting the Studio 60s to look at as well?

I chose them since the 40s + stands cost about the same as the 60s did, and I found the 60s physically more attractive.

Heard both though, and liked them both very much. Just an option to consider.

Kevin. W

Screenwriter
Troy, if you friend is serious about getting Paradigms make a trip across the border to Windsor and demo them their at LiveWire. That way if he ends up buying witht the exchange he'll save a bundle.

LiveWire

Kevin

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks