Anybody here taken the MCAT? Your thoughts and help greatly appreciated.

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Dome Vongvises, Jan 14, 2002.

1. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

Come April I'll lose eight hours of my life. Any thoughts or recommendations? I'm thinking about bringing a jug of coffee.

2. Greg_W

Greg_W Stunt Coordinator

I took the MCAT in 1998. I think the key to the test is being able to read quickly. I found that doing practice questions was very useful, and that the prep test questions were harder on average than the actual test. The essay writing was tough (at least for me) as there is only about a half hour per topic. Remember to practice without a calculator as they are not allowed. I didn't take any practice classes so I cannot say if they are useful. I found that I had enough time to complete the sections, but time can be a real problem for some people, and you have to watch the clock. If you are preety good at multiple choice exams, it shouldn't be too hard. GOOD LUCK[​IMG]

3. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

4. Dome Vongvises

Dome Vongvises Lead Actor

Thanks for some of the tips. Verbal has me scared shitless quite frankly. Writing doesn't seem so tough. I'm reviewing ALL of my sciences. The thing that bothers me most is that the test is 8-9 freakin' hours long!!! Most of the practicing doctors I talk to nowadays all know if they took the MCAT today, they would never pass it!!! The MCAT is evil. Evil.....

5. Joseph S

Joseph S Cinematographer

6. Adil M

Adil M Supporting Actor

That was my mneumonic for that formula.