What's new

Anybody here live in Ohio? (Yes, several.) Looking for an RPTV. (1 Viewer)

Porter

Grip
Does anybody else that posts here live up in the northeastern ohio.

I was wondering if they had any store suggestions

Also if anyone could tell me what they have herd about a store called sound & vision that would be helpful

I'm looking for a place to buy our Big screen

thanks
Ph

Oachalon

Stunt Coordinator
I live in Northeastern Ohio. Mentor tv has some stuff but they are kinda expensive. I only know that place cause its maybe 2 miles from where i live. You could give them a try for stuff.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Hi there, Porter.

Since you're asking about where to shop for a display I moved your thread here in Display Devices. A/V Sources is for posting about source components (DVD players, ATSC tuners, etc.).

Also, I reworded your thread title for specificity.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
If you're talking about Sound and Vision Ohio in Cuyahoga Falls, I can highly recommend them. I don't live in the area anymore but spent 16 months in the area and bought a receiver and speaker set from them. I had quality control issues with the receiver and the owner, Mike Woods, loaned me equipment and upgraded my package for my troubles. Service was A-1 and I'm only sorry they're so far away now that I can no longer conveniently shop there.

George_W_K

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
George
I live in Cleveland and the stores I like to visit are Audio/Visions, Audio Craft, and Golden Grammophone. I have never heard of Sound and Vision Ohio, can one of you send me an address in a PM or something, I'd like to check them out. You can never have enough choices in stores to visit! :)

Audio/Visions has given me a few really good deals and the service most of the time is top notch.

Audio Craft has some very helpful salesmen as well, but I don't know how much they will move on their high prices as I haven't haggled with them yet. They had a nice selection of RPTVs on display that last time I was there.

Golden Grammophone had some nice choices in RPTV too. The only problem I had with them was the Q sound trick when listening to speakers. Other than that, I have had some really informative discussions with their staff.

Btw, you missed out on a very fun Home Theater Meet we just had. Do you ever check out the "Other Distractions" section of this forum? Check out Local Area Meets. I have a link to the meet thread in my signature, and the last post in that thread has a link to the photo recap thread. Meets are a lot of fun and a good way to learn more about the hobby or just plain hang out with guys who enjoy this stuff. There will be more meets in the future if you are ever interested in attending one.

Take care,
George

Mike Wladyka

Supporting Actor
I can second the stores George mentioned. I got my speakers from the Westlake Audio Visions. I have seen the Sound and Vision but never stopped in, I may just have to.

George, it is by chapel hill mall

Porter

Grip
I've been to audio vision. It was a fun place, the one I went to didn't have much in the TV section of things, but the staff helped me when I was receiver shopping.

To bad I missed the meet, I'm headed down to oxford for college in a couple of days so I don't know that I'll be around much. I'm a sophomore at miami of ohio.

Chapel hill mall is in cuyahoga falls. I'll send you a PM with more info though,

I've haven't actually been in the store yet either though so I can't personally say anything about it. I'll let you know though

Ph

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joshua32
Recent bookmarks