Anybody heard of SHADE?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by John KB, Apr 26, 2004.

1. John KB

John KB Second Unit

Has anyone heard anything about the movie Shade featuring an extended cameo by Sylvestor Stallone as a card shark?

I know the DVD is to be released May 25th, supposedly featureless in the US but with a commentary, featurette, interviews and a card tricks feature in Canada. Don't quote me on this though, that's just what I've read.

Any opinions on the movie would be appreciated, thanks.

2. Darren Gross

Darren Gross Supporting Actor

It was released here in LA two weeks ago theatrically.

3. John KB

John KB Second Unit

I guess you didn't get around to seeing it?

4. Darren Gross

Darren Gross Supporting Actor

No- looked like crap and given zero promotion.

5. Hendrik

Hendrik Supporting Actor

...here's a review of the movie...

. . . [​IMG] . . .

6. Alan Howard

Alan Howard Extra

We watched this last night and all of us enjoyed it. Not Oscar material except for the MAD card skills (watch the bonus)

In fact I'll probably buy this one. And I don't buy many.

Enjoy!!!!!!!!

7. WarrenM

WarrenM Stunt Coordinator

I just watched "Shade" this evening, and it's a really good entertainment picture.. I wish there were more like it at the local multi-plex. "Shade" is not ground-breaking, but it's a very fun film to watch. It's well-paced with lots of twists and turns. It kept me intrigued and had me thinking about exactly what happened to all the characters at the end.. and for me, that shows it was a worthwhile film, if I remember it afterwards. It should have been given more of a chance at a theatrical release, I think it could've done well. I guess a small role by Sylvester Stallone must've jinxed it (but he's not too bad in it at all!)

8. Scott Weinberg

Scott Weinberg Lead Actor

It played at this year's Philly Film Festival, and I too was surprised at how entertaining the thing was.

It ain't high art... hell, it ain't even Rounders, but I still had a good time with it.

9. David Illingworth II

David Illingworth II Second Unit

I think if you like Rounders, you will definitely like this one. Personally, I thought almost every character that showed up on screen was interesting or compelling, and the film is full of guys that make you go "Where have I seen that guy before?"
    I thought Stallone was awesome as the Dean, and I really wish he would do this sort of thing more often. I thought the weakest thing was the main character ... That actor just wasn't particularly interesting, especially surrounded by everyone else. I kept wishing Gabriel Byrne was the main character, but you need a young guy for the part. He's not bad, but I'm glad he was fired from Lord of the Rings. Almost every character brings something to the screen. This was a really solid rental ... one of the few where I want to watch the commentary.