Anybody heard of Panasonic "RAMSA" line before?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by KenWong, Dec 9, 2003.

1. KenWong

KenWong Stunt Coordinator

Hi, I was looking around for an amp for my brother and stumbled opon this. Has anybody heard of this line before because it seems to be the higher level of Panasonic. Just wanted to know some background info about it if I do make the purchase, thanks!

2. John Brill

John Brill Supporting Actor

From Panasonic:

April 2003
    The Panasonic Professional Audio Group (a.k.a. Ramsa) has discontinued sales in the United States. Panasonic will continue to operate the technical support line at 1-323-436-3620 until June 30, 2003. After this date WR-DA7 customers may want to visit the Panasonic sponsored "DA7 user message board" at http://www.DA7.com to locate application information as well as engage other users regarding your technical questions. The board may also contain information regarding independent contractors offering support services on a chargeable basis.

Panasonic will continue to provide parts and repair services for the Pro Audio product line for in and out of warranty units. Spare parts are available from the Panasonic National Parts Center in Kent, WA. On-line at http://www.pasc.panasonic.com/epartr/ or by calling 1-800-833-9626

3. KenWong

KenWong Stunt Coordinator

Ohhh, okay... maybe that's why it ws soo much cheaper. Have you ever used any products from that line though, John? Thanks.

4. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    As John’s quote noted, Ramsa is Panasonic’s professional line. Nice amps. Built like tanks, highly underrated.

5. James Sarno

James Sarno Stunt Coordinator

Ken,
    When I used to spin,a few of my fellow DJ's used to use RAMSA amps and speakers...The speakers were very good,they used to come in 10 and 12 inch models that were used with adujstable speaker stands...Good clean sound...I've even used them a couple of times for some functions I've played at...Very nice
    The amps werent bad either...clean power,bridgeable and reliable...
    I often wonderd what happened to that RAMSA line...
    ahhh...the good 'ol days[​IMG] ...
    Now I'm a bedroom DJ and HT addict...Why did my wife ever marry me?... [​IMG]

6. Philip Hamm

Philip Hamm Lead Actor