Anybody heard of a speaker called FLUANCE?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by scott_tinari, Sep 25, 2001.

1. scott_tinari

scott_tinari Stunt Coordinator

Has somebody ever heard of a speaker company called FLUANCE?. Well get this they are selling a 5 speaker package for $199.99 for a 5 speaker system. I never heard of these speakers and they must be crap if they are 199.99 for a 5 speaker system. Anyone know anything about this company.

2. ErichH

ErichH Screenwriter

Yep , A buddie got that set , and we were both astonished at how good they sound .
    Keep in mind that he's in an apartment , and doesn't need to get loud .
    200.00 for 5 speakers just doesn't sound real , but it's true .
    His reciever is a Denon 1801 .
    I think they blow away stuff I've heard for 600 - 800.00 bucks .
    I own Paradigm Studio 40's , so I'm in the middle range .
    Just our opinion .
    Eric

3. MikeH1

MikeH1 Screenwriter

I checked out their website for my own curiosity and was not impressed to say the least. It basicly states that if your not happy with your purchase - we don't care because your stuck with the speakers! Their website was poorly done and quite unprofessional and as a dot com speaker company with a no return policy leaves me asking questions. You should to.
    My opinion is to stay away from them like the plague but then again I haven't actually heard them. Just my thoughts...
    ------------------
    you lose it here and your in a world of hurt...

4. Jason Blaydes

Jason Blaydes Stunt Coordinator

what was that website... i'd like to take a look. thanks [​IMG]

5. Geoff L

Geoff L Screenwriter

Well,
    As a second to reply with ownership of these to good to belive Fluance speakers, I will agree with Erich totally!!!
    These where bought for a low end starter system for my Nephew. I was shocked at how good these speaks sounded. Expecting the worse, I was suprised to see mdf cabnits, decent drivers and a pretty darn good tweet. Crossovers where much better than would have been expected. A place allways skimped on in the low end market.
    At thier price point, 199.00 for a center, mains, and surrounds, a steal for what you get. They do need a sub and start to color and break up at above average listening levels,(about 12 oclock on the low end yammi we also got him 100 watt DD 5.1).~ Plenty loud enough for a small to med room. They certainly are not audiophile grade by no means, but for an entry level set up, they impressed the shit out of me. I was really suprised. I also built him a Sealed DIY powered sub, and it was filling the lower end.
    I guess what Im saying in short is, if your broke and trying to get started, these will definitly do the job intrim (and much better than one would think) till your budget allows for a major upgrade. I would agree that they easily compete with speaker packages up to 600.00 or so.
    ========
    Yes hard to belive!
    ========
    They where ordered direct from them, and all went well arriveing undamaged and on time. This is only my experience and you should make your own decisions. Speakers are the biggest grey area in HT. Ones candy is anothers sour grape. Are they worth 199.00 yes for sure, will you find what Eric and I did as to quailty of sound, it will be your ears. There are much worse for much more money out there! Proceed with caution as no return policy except for damage in shippment.
    Other possible use if unhappy, foot stool, speaker stands, fire wood. [​IMG] www.fluance.com
    Happy hunting
    Geoff
    [Edited last by Geoff L on September 25, 2001 at 08:58 PM]

6. Randy G

Randy G Second Unit

I was told that these speakers are a decontented version of their earlier speakers minus the "ATL" circuit. I believe the old company was called "Flatulence".

7. Jason Blaydes

Jason Blaydes Stunt Coordinator

sweet... those speakers look pretty nice for only $200 bucks. and it's right in my price range. anyone else with experience from these speakers?