anybody having trouble finding Croupier?

Discussion in 'DVD' started by Vic Cordova, Mar 25, 2004.

1. Vic Cordova

Vic Cordova Agent

i've been to two best buys in southern california and neither one have it stocked... this is after they told me the release date was 3/23 instead of 3/9, like it really was...

one of the best buys (in westwood) even told me they wouldn't be carrying this title, but i've seen plenty other Image discs at the store. what gives?

2. Alex Spindler

Alex Spindler Producer

My Best Buy also had the "3/2x not 3/9" story, differing on receipt date based on which BB I asked. I have not, as yet, found it in a B&M. Trying BB's Store Availability, I can't find it anywhere in the nation (not in LA or NY).

For all intents and purposes, this is an online purchase only. At least I don't have to spell C-r-o-u-p-i-e-r for anyone anymore.

3. Nils Luehrmann

Nils Luehrmann Producer

Considering Clive Owen is the current front runner to replace Pierce Brosnan as the next Bond and is playing the lead role of King Arthur to Keira Knightley's Guinevere in what many suspect will be this summer's biggest blockbuster (nothing new to Jerry Bruckheimer), I suspect there will be a renewed interest in Croupier, possibly even enough to warrant a Special Edition release in the near future.

(but you didn't hear it from me) [​IMG]

4. Clay D. Major

So funny how this forum literally covers every question I'm juuust about to ask before I can ask it.

I loved this film, and Clive Owen is the most underused actor (not) working (enough) today. Can't recommend CROUPIER enough, and can't wait for this DVD. Thanks for starting the thread.

Oh, and Owen would make the perfect Bond once (the outstanding, IMHO) Brosnan hangs up his Walther PPK. Owen has the perfect Connery dead-eye thing going on, very smooth character.
    -cdm

5. DeeF

DeeF Screenwriter

I bought it at Tower Records, last Saturday. They had plenty of them. (NYC)

Speaking of Clive Owen, he made a movie about 10 years ago where he was having incestual relations with his sister (in the movie).

Title? Anybody?

6. Randy A Salas

Randy A Salas Screenwriter

Close My Eyes. It's available on DVD from Hens Tooth.

7. DeeF

DeeF Screenwriter

Hey, thanks Randy. Nice to see you.

8. Malcolm R

Malcolm R Executive Producer

Malcolm
    If you're having trouble finding Croupier at Best Buy, it's probably because you're looking in the Drama section, you big silly. Don't you know that Croupier is a SciFi flick! At least that's how Best Buy has tagged it for shelving. The Meg Ryan/Mark Ruffalo thriller In the Cut is also tagged SciFi if anyone was trying to find that.

Yet another shining example of Best Buy's in-depth knowledge of the products they sell. [​IMG]

9. ZacharyTait

ZacharyTait Cinematographer

Thanks for the tip Malcolm. Next time I'm there, I'll look for it and if it is there, then I'll tell the person working the section where it is supposed to go!