What's new

Anybody have your xbox do this? (1 Viewer)

Scott Graham

Agent
Last night I rearranged my living room, moving the HT and xbox to a differen't wall. Well, I also rented Simpsons Road Rage last night for the heck of it. While this is an awful game, I did notice I had green and red streaks shoot across my tv screen while playing the game, and most of the colors just looked off. Instead of the bright yellow in the cartoons and the screen shots I saw in a mag, the yellows were actually like a dark mustard color. I don't think it's the tv itself because it looks fine with everything else. I did check all my cables to ensure they were snug. I'm using the Xbox HD kit with the supplied Component cables, and it's hooked up to the 1080i/480p connection on the back of my tv. Any chance this game only supports 480i? Like I said before, everything else seems to be alright.. It's just with this game.

Bleddyn Williams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Bleddyn Williams
Scott, I know you said you checked your cables, but I have had the same symptoms you had, and traced it to a slightly loose S-Video port in the back of my TV.

The art of jiggling resolved it for me.

Bleddyn

Scott Graham

Agent
I tripple checked the connection and it is still doing this. It seems like it's only when there is a lot of movement on the screen. When the screen is sitting still it doesn't do it, but when there is a lot of movement (DOA3 when you do a big move and a big explosion happens, etc..) is when flashes the red and green lines across the tv. Someone has to have an idea..

Dave Schofield

Second Unit
It sounds like the audio and video signals are somehow interfering with each other. I don't know HOW this would happen, but if it only happens when something "big" happens it would only be fair to assume there is a sound that goes along with "big" things.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks