Anybody have the MC2 racing wheel for XBox?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by PatrickM, Dec 8, 2001.

1. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

So, has anybody picked up the MC2 racing wheel for XBox and if so, what games have you tried it on and what are you thoughts on the wheel?

Thanks, Patrick

2. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

Anybody?

3. James Nguyen

James Nguyen Second Unit

I'm personally holding off on picking it up for gotham until I read a review for the thing. Although I msut say the more I play project gotham w/ the regular controller, the more I must say that it's quite easy to just jump right into the game and get going...the learning curve isn't as aggravating as other racing games I've owned in the past

4. Dan B

Dan B Screenwriter

I may be picking up a wheel for the Xbox, since I love racing games, but I'm going to wait and see if Logitech releases a wheel for the console. I've always liked their stuff. (sorry, didn't answer your question, just talking to myself)

-Dan B.

5. DavidAM

DavidAM Second Unit

I can't find the link now, but yesterday I was reading a review on another wheel (I think offered from Xbox, not a 3rd party???) on xbox.com and they said it was a little better than the MC2 wheel. It retailed for $59.99 and it sounded nice. Search around xbox.com and you might find it.

6. PatrickM

PatrickM Screenwriter

David,

I did see that wheel on Xbox.com before but I haven't seen it for sale yet here in Canada. I'll take a look again.

Patrick

7. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

DavidAM, you thinking of the Thrustmaster Wheel for the Xbox? I'm not sure, but I think I saw the review at GameSpot. Or maybe it was XboxAddict.com. Hmmm, can't remember. However, I dont' recall a comparison with the MadCatz MC2 though.

8. DavidAM

DavidAM Second Unit

I looked on xbox.com and I can't find the review I read so I'm not sure which wheel it was. They basically said they liked it better than the Madcatz wheel because it has some clips so you can clip it onto a table so it won't slide away from you. I was registering on the site and a new page opened and I saw the review on there. I'll look again later....I'm just walking out of the door. I'll post the name of the wheel if I find it.