What's new

Anybody have the Brennan B2 for streaming/CD-ripping? (1 Viewer)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Wow.

THAT...is amazing. Expensive...but amazing.

I wonder what took someone so long to come up with such a gadget? I know there are other ways to accomplish much of what this does...but to have it all in one place. So neat and clean and efficient.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
Yeah, it is kind of pricey, but a fun idea. They have a few different options with different prices for amounts of memory. The cheapest (but still pricey at $500) 500GB version, would be more than enough for me since I only have a few hundred CDs at the most. The reviews on Amazon are mixed---seems like they can be kind of buggy, but they have a forum where the owners of the company interact directly with the customers to get problems sorted out.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
To be able to have an isolated device tied into my HT setup with all my music right there and I could see the display on my TV and not have to run to my CD collection every time I wanted to play something would be really cool. The connectivity is all there. Display looks great.

I didn't notice that it handled SACDs. I guess it doesn't?

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
I know...the idea is so simple and so convenient, it's really amazing that there has never been a mass-market version of this available. With the jump to ditch physical media entirely, those with considerable CD collections have been neglected, I think. Loading CDs on my computer makes me want to tear my hair out, which is why I really haven't done it.
I didn't notice that it handled SACDs. I guess it doesn't?

No, it doesn't handle SACDs.
Here's a review that was linked to on the company website that goes over the features:
https://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/audio-player/cd-players/brennan-b2-review/

Last edited:

Blimpoy06

Screenwriter
Real Name
Darin
A nice looking unit. I'm not a fan of slot drives, but I understand why they went that way for size considerations. Maybe I'm missing something in the advantages here. If you are using the web interface to control the unit, what's the advantage over a PC? I can link my PC to my HT already. Or use my PC to power speakers.

MielR

Advanced Member
Real Name
MielR
Maybe I'm missing something in the advantages here. If you are using the web interface to control the unit, what's the advantage over a PC?.
I'm not a fan of slot drives, either. But, I think the main advantage is the way it lives in your a/v system. It also has a built-in amp to connect speakers, to use it as a stand-alone audio device. If I'm not mistaken, you don't need the web interface to control it, it's just an added convenience. I gather it also rips CDs a lot easier than a PC does. I've personally found ripping CDs on a computer to be quite frustrating.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks