What's new

Anybody have spare GMAIL invite? (MERGED) (1 Viewer)

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
yeah i gave most of my initial 6 away, but then i was bumped back up to 6 the next day. i have 4 left to give out, looks like these arent as scarce as they were just last week.

CJ

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
I as well have 6 Gmail invites. PM me with your details if you would like one. I will give them away on a first come, first serve basis.

Lee Scoggins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Lee
Marshall,

I appreciate the offer but I'm pissed off at Google. I emailed them about testing the service at my software company and they didn't even respond. They have gotten arrogant and stupid (look at the IPO pricing) and Yahoo has given me so much capacity that I don't need Gmail now.

Sorry about the rant but they are not the company they used to be.

Yahoo also offers good spyware protection. :emoji_thumbsup:

Andrea W

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Andrea Whitlock
I have 6 gmail invites. PM me with your email addy if you want one.

Paul McElligott

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul McElligott
100MB for their free service... and none of that searching GMail's going to do. Hotmail will be 250MB this fall.

I think GMail has missed its window of opportunity. Not enough people going to switch from the other free services now that they're jacking up their storage on their free services.

Seth G

Stunt Coordinator
Figure I'll throw mine into the pot as well. 5 available. PM me your email addy if interested.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
not me. even if gmail only had 10mb of space, i'd have left yahoo anyway, i have been looking to get out of yahoo for a while, i get far too many junk messages, but nowhere near the amount i got with hotmail. if gmail has about the same spam protection as yahoo does, i suppose i'd stay with gmail only for the extra space, which i'd likely never use. if the spam protection ends up being better at yahoo, i'll leave gmail. for me, 100 MB or 1 GB may as well be 1 TB, i'll never fill it up the way i (and many other people) use web email.

CJ

JimmyM

Grip
I just got a GMail account. How long will it take until I'm offered the chance to invite others, and where will I see these invites listed as available?

cafink

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl Fink
I don't think anyone really knows how Google distributes Gmail invitations. I had my account for several months before I was allowed to invite anyone, but they seem to be providing a lot of invitations lately, so who knows?

You'll see a link to invite others right above the main window in your inbox, you can't miss it. At least, that's how it is right now. Google has made a few tweaks to the interface over the past couple of weeks and has moved the link around a few times.

Just in case anyone is interested, I still have several invitations up for grabs. I'll give 'em to anyone who wants one.

[email protected]

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
A gmail invite is incredibly easy to get. I got 3 in the last week alone...I had to give away one, in fact!

Don't worry, there are tons of gmail invites out there...just talk to a friend, and you'll get one. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks