What's new

Anybody have pleasant, "normal" dreams? (1 Viewer)

Dan B

Screenwriter
I'm always having disturbing dreams lately. I think they are partly caused by a medication I'm taking. (not Paxil but similar) I do have a lot of dreams that start out as nice dreams, but always end up with something unexpectedly bad happening & me waking up. :angry:
I also have dreams that people I used to know have died. I think it's because I miss them.
The worst dreams I've ever had were when I quit smoking. (not cigarettes but similar) :D A week of absolutely terrifying, disturbing, & unspeakably horrifying dreams!
I've always been very interested in dreams, but I usually have a hard time remembering them, so I haven't been able to study my dreams as much as I would like.
-Dan

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
The other night I had a dream that I had met the girl of my dreams (redundant, I know). I do not know her; nor have I seen her. But I remember her as if I saw her yesterday.

Most of my dreams tend to be very pleasant, action-oriented, and exciting. I almost always seem to have dreams that revolve around me flying. I'm not flying in an airplane or anything like that. I'm flying like Superman would fly. And damn, it's a hell of a lot of fun! My dreams also tend to lean towards fantastical, sci-fi-ish stuff. Fun. Fun. Fun!! And, of course, sometimes I do have the occasional boring, reality-like dream. For the horrific, terrifying dreams, I always tend to defeat and/or kill the individual that's causing the horror.

Zen Butler

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Zen K. Butler
I dream that my father's alive (he's been dead of 8 years).
Pamela, I still go through this also. I lost my Mother in 99 to cancer. Right after her death, for about 6 months,I had strange dreams of her still alive. Subconsciencely, I knew she wasn't supposed to be there, so the dreams took an erie tone. I feel for you there, the dreams have never went away, but they have gotten better. I hope the same for you. As for a good night sleep, I use Melatonin(natural), it works wonders, but then again, some have intense nightmares on it.

Bless

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Oh yeah, one dream theme, kinda catchy huh :), that keeps showing up in my sleep is that I can dunk a basketball. Right now I can get rim, but it is so cool in my dreams when I can actually dunk. I always wake up feeling good after having one of those dreams! :D

Ash Williams

Second Unit
I had one of the most horrifying dreams I have ever had last week. I was in some hospital that seemed as though it was run by the government or some agency. They were detaining these two girls for some reason, I think they were in their 20's. The hospital had some type of toxic gas security system setup that would kill anyone who breathed this gas once it was released. Well to make a long story short, these girls attempted to escape and triggered the gas by pushing a button on the wall, essentiality killing themselves. The way they died was the most disgusting thing I had ever seen and woke me up in a cold sweat. I have had nightmares before, but nothing even close to that before. Scary stuff.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Dreams usually reflect what's on your mind
Uh oh..... That's not good..... That would explain some of my better dreams. :D :b
As a side note, normal dreams piss me off. I dreamt I was looking at myself working behind a desk as a stockbroker. To all you Freuds out there, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN? Where's all those "cool" dreams men get as adventerous heros or millionaire playboys having sex with every young starlet? I get stuck with looking at myself as a stockbroker. :angry:
:p

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Dome- :laugh: You should try one of my dreams. I had a threesome with Britney Spears and Kate Hudson in one dream I had about a year ago. :D :b ;)

Jenna

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeanette Howard
If I fall asleep watching a movie, inevitably one of the movie characters winds up in my dreams.

That's why I usually slip in a Mel Gibson movie when I start getting tired. :b

Cees Alons

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Cees Alons
Dreaming of people who died isn't that strange. Mostly, it involves people who were very important in our lifes, who were "internated" in our personalities. Meaning they have become sort of an example for you how to behave, to deal with things and so on, to the extent that they have become part of your real "you". Very typical like "parents", or whoever took that first responsibility in your life.

So, when you think about things that are important, you weigh your decision partly the way you think they would have done it - and you feel it's really you who is pondering and deciding. In fact, it is you - the way you have grown up and who you have become to be.

In your sleep, you are able to create pictures to your mind process, creating the images of those people who died on you as if they were still alive. The only reason it is a bit disturbing, is when you wake up and realize it was a dream. During your dream, it often isn't that astonishing at all (I remember I dreamt about my father once and in my dream I said to him "But you are dead!", he replied something like "No, I'm back for a moment" - and I accepted that as a good explanation. Perhaps it was.).

BTW, dreams can be much more disturbing if you don't sleep enough: you won't dream enough too (sleeping too tightly), and when a dreams works it's way through, it may be a more compelling one. Also, when you start sleeping more after a long period of less sleep (e.g. during a vacation), you will discover that you dream more - and first they may not be pleasant. You dream more, because there are more and longer periods of less deep sleep, as well as you remember more of it. Dreams help to deal with difficult emotional decisions and events, and we need them.

Cees

AllanN

Supporting Actor
I dont have an exact dream that I get over and over agin but there are some reuring themes.
So far I have dreamed that I have been in every single American war in the past 100 years.
I dream is the end of my last semester in college and I blew off one of my classes and im not going to graudate. (I graduated last summer in real life). Or that I have to go back to High School, Middle School, or Elementary School at my current age of 22 for one class.
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif
htf_images_smilies_smiley_jawdrop.gif

I used to dream I was a extra charecter in TV shows. I was not one of the main charecters I would jsut interact with them. The two that occur most are M.A.S.H and Beverly Hills 90210.
I once dreamed that Tara Reed was my girlfriend in high school. I also dreamed that I slept with Roz Doyle from the Frasier show. Now I like that show even more. :D
After I brokup up with my ex id dream we would "get together" but I felt guilty about it in my dream because she is married in real now.
Every once in a whle Ill get thses pannic attacks, and allot of time they will start before I fall asleap and continue after I wake up. It just feels like im under a huge ammount of emotional stress for no reason and I have no idea what to do about it.

Jeff Pryor

Supporting Actor
Over the last 5 years or so I've had a recurring dream about my locker in high school. It's not always the same, but the locker is always the central theme. Over the years this dream has 'evolved'. At first I would just be in-between classes and can't find my locker, or if I do find it I can't figure out the combination, or sometimes I can open it but can't find a book I need. Then in later dreams I began to feel the need to visit the bathroom between classes to take a leak, and in doing so I would be late for History class. And so on. This dream has been bugging me for so long, and just when I think I'll never have it again, it pops up. Then a few months ago something very weird happened. It had been several months since the dream had occurred and I had been thinking maybe it was over. But no, I had it again. This time I was searching for my locker and came upon a locker with the number 644 on it. A girl stood in front of it and said to me, "Not this one." Then I woke up. I had to take a leak, and upon crawling back in bed I happened to look at my bedside clock. The time was 4:44 am. Then it hit me: the first locker I ever had was in 7th grade and the number was 444! I really believe this means something. I think I'm finally on the path to discover the meaning of this weird recurring dream, that perhaps the next time I have it, I should search for 444. But one thing keeps bothering me: what's in that locker?

Have I forgotten something in my past? hence being late for History class. Did I leave something in that locker all those years ago? I don't think I did. For the life of me, I have been searching my memory for anything but have not been able to come up with any clues. I know my subconscious is trying to tell me something, it must be. I think of this as a dream quest. God is trying to reveal something to me about myself, and boy has He been taking His time, little by little, year after year, dream after dream, and it's not over yet, but I think I'm closer to the answer.

DustinDavis

Stunt Coordinator
I had the most beautiful and the most wretched dream two nights ago--all at once!
I can't remember every tidbit, but it was something like this:
I, and lots of other people, were very high up on a plateau that seemed like a golf fairway but more expansive. Perfectly green, short grass, with trees on the sides. It had a slight incline to one side, and at the end of that incline, a sharp drop straight down. If you looked down, you could see clouds. When looking down, if you looked to either side of you, you could see people jumping off. Some were riding bicycles off, some were holding mobile phones. They would just go right off in the middle of doing something else as if they were unaware. Then there were other people who were standing there as if contemplating for a moment, and they would jump off, and you could see that they had never been happier as when they were falling. A good friend of mine was there with me, and I don't remember how but I got the notion that I wanted to jump off, too. I went to the edge, paused a moment, and did a slow jump (if that's possible) over the precipice. I remember flipping forward, and as my feet came over my head I feel into the clouds and became unaware of any orientation of up/down/left/right. I had the most incredible feeling of peace as I was falling. It was like the clouds took away my senses and washed over me with true bliss. I could feel it on my skin, in my head, in the pit of my stomach. Really, I think it must have been the greatest feeling I have had in all my life.
Then, I woke up. I was in my bed alone. But it wasn't my bedroom or my bed, I was back at home where I grew up. I looked out the window and there seemed to be lightning flashing rapidly. As I realized where I was and turned my head to the right, I caught a shadow of something crawling over the top of my armoire, rapidly, and it jumped straight at me from the top of it as if attacking. My natural reaction was to fight it. I remember it being a stuffed animal of some sort but don't remember it's face or if it was one I ever owned. Another one that I have no recollection of joined in. As I struggled with the two animals, I could see in the flickers of light someone standing beside my bed just watching with a reassuring smile. I cannot remember exactly who it was but I swear right now that it was an ex-girlfriend, my first. I am facing the bedroom door now, and I can see into my parents' room from from there, so I begin to try to scream, but I am so frightened that I can't get out the words.
Then I finally manage to scream "NO!" That's when I woke up again, in the real world, and my girlfriend was beside me saying "It's OK! It's OK!" I had been writhing in bed and trying to scream and it woke her up, and frightened her when I finally managed to scream.
My heart was racing for several minutes after that and I was really disturbed. But the thing I wanted the most was to go back to that precipice and jump off again. I couldn't get back to that point, though. :frowning:
Sorry, that was a bit long, but it was really the most vivid dream I have had in a while.

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I almost never have dreams that I'd call disturbing. The most pleasant ones seem to be the most vivid. Last night I had two dreams: I dreamt I was in an unusually plush college dorm room. I also dreamt about driving on the LA freeways at night.

My favorite, most vivid dream was the flying dream. I could look down and see houses below me. Absolutely wonderful feeling.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
Since we're on the subject of dreams here, any good, fun web sites that have interpretations of these dreams? I'm not looking for anything remotely scientific, just some plain good old fun.

Jereme D

Stunt Coordinator
Normal dreams? I wish...... Most of my dreams consist of someone or something trying to kill me, or me trying to someone or something for whatever reason. They are very vivid and detailed. Here is my last one:

I was in a room with a 'team' of people. Were were trying to escape a predator (As in the movie predator) type creature. We were all crouched/hiding in different places in the room. The creature couldn't see us, so it launched some kind of orbs into the air (phantasm-like). I remember hearing them whirring around the room.

[There was a gap in time/logic/continuity here]

The creature for whatever reason, still couldn't see us, so it took to walking around the room. It seemed like it was walking around for hours. Eventually, I heard it come closer and closer to my position and stop. It grabbed my arm, and that's when I awoke.

Darren Crouse

Stunt Coordinator
I mostly have pretty harrowing and disturbing dreams. Maybe I need psychological help because I've always tended to have bad dreams.

"Were it not that I had bad dreams" - Hamlet.

I consider myself a sensitive person (maybe too sensitive) as I have dreams in which people I often don't know are being hurt and I feel their pain. I mean really feel their pain as in a form of empathy. I recall a few months ago I dreamt about a woman and her daughter which I never met before had been tortured by their abductor and all I could do was feel and hear them calling out to me. They were calling out to me and I could do nothing for them. It was if I laid witness to a horrific murder without the ability to do anything. I have to often sequester myself from some images,news and movies which I know will resonate in my dreams.

I also have very vivid dreams of shadowy figures standing over me. These figures feel (and I stress feel) as if they were evil personified. I wake up, if I'm lucky, about once a month calling out. To which my wife, calms me down.

On a side note. When I was a child growing up in Calgary, one of the apartments my parents rented had a dark brown stain on the blue (it was the seventies after all) carpet. I had several dreams while living there as a youngster of a brownish (just like the colour on the rug) hued man walking into my room and looking at me. However he had no head. I knew he was a man because of his girth and stature and his rugged hands turning the doorknob. A few years later I found out that a man shot himself in the head previous to us moving in. The blood stain on the blue carpet resulted in the brown stain. Absolute truth.

Take care,

Darren.

Michael Pineo

Stunt Coordinator
Pamela-

You are definitely not alone in this. Most of the dreams I can actually remember when I wake up are unpleasant dreams. I think, for me at least, it is related to stress. The last year or so has been really hard and has raised my stress level. Being out of work, my wife's extremely difficult pregnancy (we were told early on that there was most likely something horribly wrong with the baby and that, if she actually carried the baby to term, it would probably only live 1-2 years), and other things contributed to my stress level. I have had some horrible dreams. About a week ago I dreamt that I found my five year old daughter dead in the bathtub. Then the dream turned into some kind of nuclear holocaust dream where I actually watched myself incinerated like the dream sequence in Terminator 2. I remember seeing a light and walking into it and suddenly I was in the "afterlife" in a long hallway with a bunch of other people. An old woman pointed to a sign on a door that said "Children" and right under it was my daughter's name. I pushed open the door and she was inside painting something on an easel, like she was just at daycare or something. I actually woke up crying from that dream. I have also had dreams of my father who died at the beginning of 1998. That was actually the worst dream because we had a wonderful day together, and then I woke up to realize that he was dead, and we had never had a day like that together in real life (our relationship wasn't that good).

My point is (now that everyone has had a horrible peek into my subconscious), I think it is perfectly normal to have bad dreams. It is actually a really good way to get those bad emotions and feelings out.

MikeP

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Hmm. My dreams are often disturbing and peculiar. I have usually found that it's very hard not to 'know' that something's wrong in a dream if you have someone coming back from the dead in it, or indeed, if you are for some reason in love with someone you shouldn't be.
I tend to have bad moods all morning due to dreams setting me up wrong but then I am pretty depressed at the moment.:frowning:

TheoGB

Screenwriter
Whatcha sayin' Paul? I only mean that there's usually a part of my mind that says 'this is a dream' in such circumstances. Other ones can be totally consuming. Very weird...:)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks