What's new

Anybody have info DVD RA60K (1 Viewer)

Steve WC

Stunt Coordinator
Anybody out there have this player?

Impressions if any and did you get a chance to compare with DVD RV31?

Thanks

Matt DeVillier

Supporting Actor
Steve,

I have one. Video wise it is slightly better than the RK31 (courtesy of a better video DAC). Neither have the chroma bug. Sound wise I let my receiver do the decoding, and both sounded similar (if not identical) when using the optical bitstream output. The RA60 has DD and DTS decoders, as well as DVD-Audio, which the RK31 does not. Both play MP3s (but I never tested it on either). There's about a $50 difference between the two, so it just depends on whether the duilt-in decoders + DVD-Audio + slightly better video are worth it to you. I got the RA60 because I wanted a dvd-audio player that had excellent interlaced video output (which narrowed it down to the RA60, RP-91, and tosh SD-4700/5700)

Steve WC

Stunt Coordinator
Thank's Matt, I went with the RV31 at closeout price of $149.00. If I have to I can upgrade this Christmas.

Steve

Keith Mickunas

Senior HTF Member
For others interested in this player, I've had one of these for a few months now and am quite happy with it. You can do a search on my name and RA60 to find my full review of it. When I get a chance I'm going to make another attempt at submitting it in the review section here.
p.s. Woohoo! 500th post!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks