What's new

Anybody have an opinion on Queen's University in Canada? (1 Viewer)

Andrew S

Stunt Coordinator
I went to a "college day" (best way to describe it) yesterday where representatives from many Canadian universites gave presentations. You had to chose three universities to view, and I chose the University of Waterloo, Royal Military College (the FREE university education interested me, but there's too much commitment for me) and Queen's University in Kingston. I REALLY liked Queen's, it's close (hour away from home), the campus is very nice and it seems to be well regarded.

Nothing is written in stone, but with two years left of highschool, I think I'm leaning towards becoming an Electrical Engineer after gradutation (I recall seeing a post about how many there were here on this forum, so I know you're out there) and am curious if anyone has opinions about Queen's University in regard to Electrical Engineering or just the school itself.

So if there are any Queen's graduates, please chime in.
Thanks, Andrew

Karen Maraj

Agent
I graduated high school in 1992, at that time, University of Waterloo was THE university for engineering. I believe Queens is highly regarded for Law. It is a highly regarded school, but at the risk of being flamed by any graduates, a bit on the snobby side. :)

DavidY

Supporting Actor
How about UBC? ;) I'm a UBC alumni, class of 90 in civil engineering.
Dave
PS. Both Queens and Waterloo have very well regarded engineering programs. I would probably lean towards Waterloo as I think that they have a strong co-op program. Co-op programs provide good experience while still going to school. It gives you a leg up on the rest of the graduates when you look for a job.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks