What's new

International Anybody had to return Blu-ray/DVD from USA to Amazon.de? (1 Viewer)

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
I received a damaged DVD today that will not play due to damaged done to the DVD case and disc itself. I printed off the return shipping labels that Amazon.de sent me. My questions are the following because the printed English translation is kind of confusing to me.

It has two copies of the International Customer Return document that has the shipping information and declared value for customs where I have to sign on the Shipper Signature line. Do I placed that document inside the shipping package? Does the other copy of the same document need to be attached to the outside of the shipping package?

I also have a shipping label with barcode, my address, return address to Amazon.de that I have to affix to the shipping package. Then a barcode sheet I have to place inside the shipping package with the DVD. Right?

I assume I use the United States Postal Service for returning the DVD, is that correct?

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Did you contact Amazon.de directly, because 99% of the time they can simply post out a replacement disc without you needing to return the damaged one.

turtledove

Second Unit
Real Name
gerry
Should be the same as the way you do it here.

One slip goes into the box with the details of the item and the paper which does not include the item details is the one to stick on the box. If there's 2 customs slips then one in one out.

But as Classicmovieguy has said it's usual for them to send a out a replacement without needing to return the original - unless it's an expensive boxset.

I'm in the UK and I've never had to physically return anything to Amazon.com or Amazon Canada and that includes The Fugitive Most Wanted set.

If the postage is not prepaid then you should be able to get them to waive the return as the postage is likely to be more expensive than the item itself

revgen

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dan
It's happened to me before with Amazon.de. I told them it was way too expensive for me to ship back the damaged item. The reimbursement wouldn't cover the cost of shipping. They immediately sent a replacement and told me to keep the damaged item.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Since I started this thread, I did receive the following Amazon.de email about this damaged DVD.

Good day, I am extremely sorry that the delivery (# ) damaged when you arrived. We apologize for the inconvenience. To assist you I have a replacement (#) causes for you and hope that you will get the item without problem. Once the replacement is ready, you will again receive an e-mail. Because of the circumstances and the nature of the article a return is exceptionally required. Please dispose of the product appropriately. If still open questions remain, please do not hesitate to contact us again, we are always happy to help you. With the hope that I could help you, I wish you a nice and pleasant day.
IMO, wrong use of the word "exceptionally", but I know what dispose of the product appropriately means.:)

classicmovieguy

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Byron
Agree, Turtledove. I'm in Australia and have never had to return any of my damaged/defective purchases from Amazon US or UK. They've always been good enough to replace or give me a store credit.

CraigF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Craig
^ Also my experience with any "foreign" amazon; since I'm in Canada, that includes .com too.

However, I will say that amazon does have some policy re the value of the item before they'll request a foreign return ("exceptional"). I did have to return something only once to .com a few years ago, I think because it was over $25 or something like that. That is a change from the way it used to be, because I have had much>$100 orders that amazon sent by mistake (duplicates) and they didn't want them returned, but that was maybe 10 years ago.

Yes, they do use the terms "dispose of the product", even verbally. A library was also suggested. I still have the duplicate orders in the original boxes, all discs unopened. (DVDs unfortunately, that long ago.) It's like I think the Amazon Police will show up at my door some night... :)

Edit: just remembered, got 3 copies (separate shipments) of an 8-disc BD set early this year from .uk. They said to keep the extras, you know how cheap some of their BD sets are compared to return-shipping costs. They are good for comparing BDPs (I have 4 in the main system and a couple elsewhere).

bigshot

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen
They sent me the wrong movie, so they sent me the right one and told me to donate the incorrect disk to charity, which I did.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks