What's new

Anybody had a "Delayed Write Failed" error in XP? (1 Viewer)

Bejoy

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

I just built a new P4 540 machine with GB MB. My main data drive is a maxtor 160GB, connected to IDE3, which is on a VIA6410 raid chip, but not connected in RAID formation. When I do heavy IO's with this drive, this error pops up. I don't think I am loosing data, but the PC comes to a stand still usually. My boot drive(WD 80GB) does not have this problem. Googled about it and didn't get any real answers. So anybody ever had this problem and fixed it?

Bejoy

Ted Lee

Senior HTF Member
i have had the *exact* same issue. especially when i tried transferring all my mp3 files from one drive to another (both western digitals).

if anybody has a explanation/solution, i'd like to know too!

----

btw - my workaround was to use my backup application to do the transferring instead of via the operating system. for some reason, i didn't get the error when i used the application.

Phil L

Supporting Actor
I've only had the problem when I was downloading VERY fast torrents and my hard drives were near capacity. Cleaned them up some for space and haven't had the problem since.

Max Leung

Senior HTF Member
Only time I see this is if one of the internal (on the IDE chain) drives loses power suddenly - usually a bad powersupply - OR when I have more than one firewire drive attached to the firewire interface (a problem with Windows XP SP2 and certain firewire drive enclosure chipsets).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks