What's new

anybody got Pioneer VSX-59TXi spec yet? (1 Viewer)

DanielSmi

Second Unit
no. Not until it's announced I've never seen a Pioneer product leak out like the Denon 5900 did. You'll have to wait until it's announced which should be tomorrow. Can you wait that long I know its tough but try, you can do it.

Daniel Smith

Doug X

Grip
See the September 5th Pioneer press releases. (I can't post a link because I don't post enough messages!)

Frankly, I was disappointed with this press release. It seems that key new features are Dolby Pro Logic IIx, USB input, better MCACC, MCACC output to a PC, and a new remote control. The 59Ai DVD players seems interesting, though.

David Susilo

Screenwriter
Not really disappointing, Doug.

The MCACC have now been upgraded to 9-band (instead of the old 7-band)

X-Band have been added for flatter psychoacoustic response

and TWO iLink connections

10kg (22 lbs) power transformer

kick-ass German-made speaker connector

as far as USB input goes, it's been available since their 45/47/49TX series (winter 2002 release)

Doug X

Grip
There are two i.Link connections in the 49TXi.

The MCACC in the 49TXi is a 9-band MCACC. However, you are correct that the X-Band feature is being touted as new.

I did not see the part about the German speaker connectors (are they different from the current ones in the 49TXi?) or the 10kg power transformer (is it different from the current one in the 49TXi?) in the press release. Perhaps you could let us know the source of your information.

I regret that there is no USB connector in 49TXi. There is a RS-232 port, but is not available for end users.

Doug X

Grip
Thanks for the link!

It turns out the VSA-AX10i is the European version of the 49TXi. I don't know what the model number will be for the European version of 59TXi (perhaps AX11i?)

You'll notice, for example, that on the bottom of page 8 of that brochure, there is a review from 2002 of this "new model".

Doug X

Grip
The USB seems to be behind the wire. Look closely and you'll see the outlines of an extra rectangle stenciled in the upper left of the rear.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
A good deal of misinformation in your posts David. There's no such thing as 7-band MCACC never has been never will be. The numbers 5 and 9 were chosen for a reason the 9-band is one EQ every octave while the 5-band is one eq every 2 octaves. You don't own a 49TXi I couldn't imagine an owner with such misinfo. There's alot of rumors and crazy ideas sometimes on these forums so don't believe everything you hear unless you hear it from me.:D

Daniel Smith

RobD

Second Unit
Do you think that Pioneer will offer an upgrade for existing owners of the 49TXI?

I dont think the 10Kg PSU is new, the European AX10I had this and is pretty much a 49TXI sans tuner.

DanielSmi

Second Unit
That's why you shouldn't listen to those people. Since they don't own them personally they don't spend the time trying learn all about them instead they spend they're time trying to figure out what to say so that you'll buy one. In their defense they do sell alot of products it's almost impossible to know all the features of all the products especially the real technical stuff when no one is ever going to ask them questions like what the slew rate of the 49TXi is.

Daniel Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks