What's new

anybody got a problem playing harry potter? (1 Viewer)

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
sorry if this is not the place to ask.

i got harry potter today, and on chapter 19 it just wont play anymore on playstation2. no scratch on disk. return it for another disc, or what? i have no clue what i should do.

help !

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
My Malata 996 player locked up at least 3 times playing this last night.
I had to do a hard power off-on each time to continue.

From many reports this player can be quirky.
However I've been using this unit as my main player for 6-7 months now & only had this happen one other time that I can remember, and never multiple times like this.

Not sure if it is a problem with the dvd or the Malata.

I have a feeling in my situation heat may have been the culprit (this unit can get quite hot).

I also recently upgraded to a Denon 5803 which also puts off a bit more heat than the Outlaw 1050 I was using.

I was either watching DVDs or listening to music all day & into the night at fairly high volume yesterday.

There was quite a bit of heat built up in my cabinet even with the glass doors & back open.

My DVD player was hotter than I have ever noticed before.

I need to give Harry another spin before coming to further conclusions.
I will get back to this thread after doing so.

Anyone else with a Malata player have this problem?

Probable not much help to you here Felix, but lets see if any others are having a problem with HP.

Todd

Joshua Clinard

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joshua Clinard
This was unwatchable on my Phillips! I tried watching it, but every 5 seconds or so, it would pause for a second or more, then continue. It played fine on my computer's DVD-rom. There were a few times that it paused, but it was about 3 timed in the last hour of the film.

Anyone else experiance these problems, or did I get a defective disc?

Chris M

Second Unit
Only problem I have is trying to figure out how to get to the screensavers! haha.. yet to see this movie though... probably tonight :)
Chris.

YANG

Screenwriter
No playback problem with my PHILIPS DVD951.Everything works just fine.
FELIX whats your disc version?The CANADIAN or the U.S release?Fullscreen or widescreen?

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
anybody got a problem playing harry potter?
no, I have no problem at all.
Unless I'm not in the mood, then I might have a problem with it.

But seriously,
I have played it in my JVC XVD723-PLAYS FINE
Portable Panasonic DVD Player-PLAYS FINE

Jorge Montes

Stunt Coordinator
Well, the end of chapter 18 is where the layer change is. That could be it. I haven't noticed layer changes in a while, but this one stands out. Where exactly does it stop?

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
my harry potter is US version, widescreen. there were about 2 more "hiccups" before chapter 18 ( i dont remember when ), and i thought there were lots of layers in the dvd.

still, the disc looks like a virgin, could it be my playstation2? do i need to clean the lens? how? any other suggestion, or do i need to ask this in the other forum?

BradyB

Stunt Coordinator
My room-mate has a PS2 that hiccups all the time... we upgraded the firmware and that worked for a while, but some movies are un-watchable, like Tombstone SE and Blow.
As for HP, he only had 2 hiccups after the layer change... pretty good for this PS2. But thats not my problem cause it works fine in my Sony. :D

Adam J

Stunt Coordinator
Played on PS2. Didn't have any problems with DVD firmware 2.10U. Watched Standard version at friends house, will watch widescreen tomorrow probably.
GO WINGS!

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
Ok I spun HP again last night & this time no problems at all.
I think heat was indeed the culprit that caused my problems the first time.

Todd

ChrisV

Second Unit
Saw your post yesterday, so I fired it up on my PS2 last night, watched the whole thing (cdn. widescreen version) and didn't have a single problem.

It seems that some PS2s have more problems than others. I've yet to get a disc that won't play on mine unless it has some serious scratches on it.

felix_suwarno

Screenwriter
i bought the ps2 remote control with the driver upgrade. how am i supposed to upgrade to version 2.10 u?

or do i need a new dvd player?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks