What's new

Anybody going to the F1 Grand Prix in Montreal this year? (1 Viewer)

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Just found out that another HTF member (Andrej Dolenc) and I are going to be in town during the F1 this year, is any other HTF member going to be there for this? Andrej and I are going to be on our bikes and be in the middle of circumnavigating around Lake Champlain but it just happens to be when I made reservations at a hotel in St. Jean Sur Richelieu, the lady told me that weekend was the F1. So if any HTF member is going to be in town that weekend, maybe we should hook up and perhaps try to get tickets for maybe the practice laps. The actual GP is on June 9th and I think we'll be out of town then. I might be able to stay a full day up there and push back our later reservations by a day to see the practice laps and stuff.. Would be great to hitch a ride with somebody or else we'll see how feasible it is to bike there..

We should be biking into SJ sur Richelieu on June 6th although it should be off a 100 mile leg of our 350 mile journey.

Jay

CharlesD

Screenwriter
If you are going to still be there on Friday the 7th you should be able to see Friday practice. There will be 2 1-hour practice sessions, typicaly starting at 11am and 1pm.

If you have any interest at all in Formula One go to those sessions! Seeing and hearing those cars in person is a completely different experience than seeing them on TV. I was absolutely blown away the first time I saw F1 cars in person.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I did a little digging on the internet and I saw the 11am session... We might be able to check out that session and then head out to our next destination, which is the town of South Hero, VT.. that day is one of the shorter and flatter days, I think somewhat of 55-60 miles and mostly flat as a board..It might be doable.. Are the practice sessions free to spectators?

Jay

CharlesD

Screenwriter
You can get Friday GA for $19 here: http://www.gpticketshop.com/canada/genadm_en.shtml
I don't know if thats the lowest price or not though.
If you can fit it in your schedule DO IT! You won't be sorry and you'll have an entirely new perspective on these amazing cars! Seeing a F1 car for the first time in person is a life-changing experience for any speed-freak ;)

Francois Caron

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
François Caron
I've been to the Grand Prix twice a few years ago (first turn bleachers at both occasions). One thing you should get is ear plugs just in case the noise is too much. Those cars are as noisy as jet engines, and very likely just as powerful.
I wonder how many cars are going to "kiss" the "Bonjour Québec!" wall this year? :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OttoIsHere
Recent bookmarks