What's new

Anybody get hold of the UK Star Trek TNG packaging? (1 Viewer)

StevenA

Second Unit
The US set is excellent but the packaging, IMHO, is even worse than it looked in the pre-order images. Looks a bit like the old Columbia House library boxes, very cheap-looking, and doesn't even use the correct TNG typeface.

Simon Massey

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Simon Massey
The UK outer packaging is very sturdy (hard plastic), and inside you get a CD style version of the X file fold out packaging (ie. half the normal DVD size which opens out revealing all the discs). The booklet includes details of the characters, a map of the Federation, and which episodes are on each disc.

However, whilst they are distinctive, and will look good with the remaining six seasons, I don't particularly like it - it is took bulkly, and doesn't really go with my other DVDs (which may not bother some, but for some reason it annoys me:b )

Duncan_N

Stunt Coordinator
The UK packaging is very sexy. Solid metal effect case, very substantial feeling, hard wearing, slick as hell. Top stuff.

James D S

Screenwriter
It is plastic with a solid metal effect. :)
I would've liked to get a shot at ordering one of the R2 cases. I am growing more and more displeased with the R1 cardboard box. (The flaps stick up when the case is faced towards the spine. Shoddy looking.)
A plastic case could not have been all that much more to make, as this set sells at $109 ($149MSRP) with a cost in the high $70s, or there-abouts. Would it have killed them to keep the case like the R1 prototype?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks