What's new

Anybody ever rent AVIA or similar? (1 Viewer)

TedE

Stunt Coordinator
Just wondering if anybody has ever had any luck with finding a rental place that carries any of the HT set-up disks out there. I have the bare bones Sound and Vision that I had for my old non-HD RPTV, but I want to check and correct an obvious image centering problem on my new set so I'll need the overscan patterns. I don't want to fork over the cash to buy AVIA if I don't have to. I was in Blockbuster the other day but the guy behind the counter obviously had no idea what I was talking about.

TedE

Stunt Coordinator
Looks like Netflix doesn't carry it, and if they don't I have grave doubts that any local place would have it either. Just wondering if anyone else had ever seen it for rent. It would be a *really* useful thing to be able to rent

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I would just buy it. You will have to re-calibrate your settings over time anyway. It's an invaluable disc for anyone who cares about video/audio quality.

Mark Barnhill

Stunt Coordinator
I agree with DaveH, buy it.. You'll need to use it every month or so anyway. Why keep renting it over and over? I use mine quite often. You'll also be more prone to doing routine maintenance if you have it on hand rather than having to go to the video store and rent it.

Matt Wallace

Second Unit
When I was a manager at a rental store, we put out a copy ;) It did rent from time to time, but I'm sure it would rent better with more info about it in the public.

Matt

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks