Anybody Ever Order from SharperDigital.com?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Denward, Sep 22, 2001.

1. Denward

Denward Supporting Actor

This is really a 2 part question.
    This site seems to have very low DVD player prices and low S&H. I am considering the Pioneer DVC503 ($183) or the Panny DVD-CV51 ($199). They only charge $18 for S&H in this price range.
    I already have a Pioneer DVC503 which is feeding my Yam RXV800 receiver, JVC 32" D Series TV, B&W speakers (603s2 main, LM1 surrounds, CC6s2 center, ASW1000 sub). I'm looking for a second DVD carousel. One will go into the home gym and feed a 20" Sharp TV with composite video so that my wife and I can watch movies while working out (so we won't have to buy any more VHS for the gym). I may pull out my old Sony Pro Logic receiver and Bose 401 speakers for the gym. Some day the home gym may double as a home theater with FPTV but that's at least 3 years away.
    I did a search on sharperdigital.com and found nothing in this forum. Anybody have any experience with this vendor?
    ------------------

2. Mike-H

Mike-H Agent

I ordered a Panasonic RP56 DVD player and a VCR late Wednesday, 9/13. They called me back on Thursday, 9/14 to verify the order. They finally emailed me a tracking number yesterday, 9/21.
    I sent them several emails earlier this week that were never answered. Their 800 number was always busy. When I called their regular number Wed, 9/19, I got a message the were off Tue and Wed for a holiday (Jewish New Year?). I talked to them Thu and they promised to call back after they checked on the order. They didn't call back. I called again yesterday and they again promised a tracking number that day and wouldn't let me cancel without a restocking fee. I did get the tracking number later that day.
    In their defense, they are in New York and probably had shipping problems last week. And they were off two days this week. Hopefully, I will get the stuff I ordered next week.
    Oh, one other thing, they added a 4% charge for shipping insurance. This was not mentioned when I ordered on the web site.
    That's my experience. Don't know if it is typical or not.
    Mike

3. Denward

Denward Supporting Actor

After reading the thread in AH about leaving people hanging, I remembered this thread I started. [​IMG]
    Thanks for the info. Based on your story, I decided not to deal with them.

4. Mike-H

Mike-H Agent

Well, I receiver my DVD player and VCR from SharperDigital yesterday. It took 2 weeks, but there was the WTC tragedy and a Jewish hoilday that slowed things down. And I think they are a new company that is not operateing most efficiently yet. Both items were packed in a larger box with peanuts and were in great shape. I would probably order from them again - the price is right.
    Mike

5. Zbigniew

Zbigniew Stunt Coordinator

http://www.resellerratings.com/ does not has ratings on Sharper Digital.
    You can post your experience there - it will help others with similar question. I usually check potential vendors there - and skip outlets below 5.
    _zjt

6. Mike-H

Mike-H Agent

"After reading the thread in AH about leaving people hanging,"
    What is AH?

7. Denward

Denward Supporting Actor

AH is the After Hours Lounge here on HTF. Someone expressed a pet peeve about posters who ask for info and then never indicate that they even came back to find out if anyone posted anything useful.