What's new

Anybody ever go from Paradigm Monitors to Athenas??? (1 Viewer)

Kevin Alexander

Screenwriter
I like the brighter sound of the Athena AS-F2 speakers, but I am also satisfied w/ the sound of my Monitor 7's. Has anyone had both of these speakers in their system, or done any extensive comparisons between the two? How would you explain the differences? Thanks.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
The tweeter is a little better in the Paradigm.

You can get the F2s for $600 Canadian($400 + change U.S.) so why stop at the F1s?

I went from old bookshelf Paradigms(MiniMK2 across the front) to floor standing AS-F2s

I just found it hard to justify the cost of the Paradigms anymore.

B

What type of electronics did they use?? it will change the flavour a little, the Athenas sound WAY better when broken in.

brentl

Senior HTF Member
The tweeter is a little better in the Paradigm.

You can get the F2s for $600 Canadian($400 + change U.S.) so why stop at the F1s?

I went from old bookshelf Paradigms(MiniMK2 across the front) to floor standing AS-F2s

I just found it hard to justify the cost of the Paradigms anymore.

B

What type of electronics did they use?? it will change the flavour a little, the Athenas sound WAY better when broken in.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member

I'm running a suite of AS-F2/AS-F1/AS-R1s on an Onkyo 575x and they're not what I'd call bright or harsh at all. They did, however, sound that way at Best Buy.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member

I'm running a suite of AS-F2/AS-F1/AS-R1s on an Onkyo 575x and they're not what I'd call bright or harsh at all. They did, however, sound that way at Best Buy.

Drew_W

Screenwriter

It all depends on what you power them with. And THX Re-EQ helps too.

Mine sound good on a Pioneer Elite...with THX.

Drew_W

Screenwriter

It all depends on what you power them with. And THX Re-EQ helps too.

Mine sound good on a Pioneer Elite...with THX.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Ahh yes, but why don't you drag home a pair of Athenas and A/B with your Paradigms? Surely one of the big box retailers that sells them in the states has a no hassle return policy.

Drew_W

Screenwriter
Ahh yes, but why don't you drag home a pair of Athenas and A/B with your Paradigms? Surely one of the big box retailers that sells them in the states has a no hassle return policy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks