What's new

Anybody ever cleaned their (yellow)headlights? (1 Viewer)

Bejoy

Stunt Coordinator
The headlights of my car are pretty much yellow and I was looking at different options to clean them. There seems to be a host of options available.

Any body ever used them? How easy is the process? Any recommendations? How long do they last?

Bejoy

Karl_Luph

Supporting Actor
I've seen some other similar posts before on some car forums. I know I saw it on a Honda civic forum somewhere.Just try google searching ,not sure if anyone had any luck removing the yellow though.

Shawn Solar

Supporting Actor
I was wondering if I took out the whole headlight and swished some CLR calcium lime and rust remover inside the lamp case/cover and cleaned the outside if it would work. It seemed to work on the coffee stains in the coffee pot in that commercial I saw...hmmm?;) I would disconnect the light bulb(lol)

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
good old fashioned brasso cleans them right up. then wax the plastic to keep it from yellowing as fast.

do you drive a toyota by chance?

Bejoy

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the replies.

Philip_G,

No, it's a Civic. I just got it for my daily commute.

Try this, www g2ic.com/tegtips/lighting/12.html it is similar to what I remember finding in the past, when I looked into it.

You will have to fix the URL as i dont have enough posts.

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
Ah, my GF has a toyota that yellows really badly, I figured it could be a toyota thing.

my miata had those, the beam pattern was terrible. I put in some glass hella cases that have better reflectors and take H4 bulbs and couldn't have been happier.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks