Anybody ever buy the book best movies of the 80s by author jurgen miller ?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Xenia Stathakopoulou, Aug 14, 2006.

1. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou Cinematographer

Just ordered this book, i heard that its pretty cool and has tons of color photos inside.It has over 130 movies from that era reviewed.Its in hardback, and it goes for less than 11 dollars pretty much anywhere in the world.If anyone here owns this tell me what you think of it.

2. Bob Turnbull

Bob Turnbull Supporting Actor

I've got 4 of his books from Taschen - Movies of The 70s, 60s, 50s and 40s. I just pre-ordered the next one which is for the 30s. I haven't grabbed the 80s and 90s yet as I'm already familiar with those eras. I seem to remember the selection of films for the 80s and 90s wasn't quite as interesting as for the other decades, but there's still some great picks.

I love all the books I have though. Beautiful photos and some very good and interesting write-ups (if occasionally a little overly scholarly). If memory serves, I wouldn't read too much of the text for films you haven't seen. The photos alone will make you want to see them...

3. Xenia Stathakopoulou

Xenia Stathakopoulou Cinematographer

Thanks for the input, im looking forward to recieving the book. I cant believe that theres not a listing on the internet of what movies are on each book, i want to see if any of my favorites made it.