What's new

Anybody ever bought a rider on their insurance for their home theater? (1 Viewer)

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
I've been considering adding a rider to cover all of my DVD's/Blu-ray's as well as hardware. Certainly my equipment/collection isn't as extensive as others, but the MSRP of all of my movies and electronic equipment is in the neighborhood of $13k or $14k. We don't live in a particularly large home, and are concerned our content coverage wouldn't take care of it. We have State Farm Insurance, and I've been considering asking about a rider to cover the electronics and movies in our home if they are available. Was wondering if anybody else has ever done anything similar.

CB750

Screenwriter
Real Name
Bill
Your first step would be to talk to your State Farm agent and find out what your current home owners insurance would cover for your electronic equipment. If you feel your coverage is lacking then you are going to have to do a cost benefit analysis for the coverage you would like.

JeremyR

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeremy
Thanks for the reply. Based on that, i called my agent and he is actually coming to my home Thursday to do a walk-through with me and apparently he has the ability to use some type of equipment he'll bring with him to plug in what he sees, and it'll spit out whether we have enough coverage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks