anybody else with an old H/K AVR 20II?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by peter_anderson, Jan 29, 2002.

1. peter_anderson

peter_anderson Stunt Coordinator

I recently bought the H/K AVR 320, so my old H/K AVR 20II is no longer in use. Over the years, the AVR 20II acquired a constant white noise, audible regardless of volume, both in the speakers and especially in the headphone jack. With the speakers, it is generally not noticeable after 3.5 meters, but I can't stand to plug headphones into it anymore. The noise is kind of a hybrid between white noise and a really high-pitched (like >15,000Hz) hum.

Does anybody else have this receiver with the same/similar hum/hiss?

2. Nestor_Ramos

Nestor_Ramos Stunt Coordinator

I've had mine for about 5 years, having demoted it to a music only system in my dining room w/PSB Alpha's and a crappy Sony CD carousel a couple years ago. It's served me quite well and still sounds great for what it is. It's also a great looking receiver. The only problem I ever had involved the jumpers between the main in and pre outs on the back. One of them gave out or something, and it took me forever to diagnose the problem (I was getting no sound out of the left channel, and it never even occurred to me that the jumper would just stop performing its incredibly simple task). Since then, though, no problems at all.

3. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

I have one too and right now it's been transferred to my mother's HT, but I will soon be taking it back and upgrading what she has. For her needs (very modest), it has proformed admirably. I have had to take it in for service once about 5 years ago, but to tell you the truth, I cannot recall what the problem was at the time.