What's new

Anybody else want a Blu-ray or 4K UHD release of No Escape (1994)? (1 Viewer)

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
With the recent passing of Ray Liotta, this early actioner of his has been on my mind. The only disc in existence is a non-anamorphic DVD from HBO Video, derived from an LD master. I’d like to think a fresh master could drum up some sales, or even become a streaming favourite. Thoughts? As far as I know, Universal would hold the rights, since they now have the Savoy Pictures library and licenced Serial Mom (another Savoy title) to Shout! Factory in the recent past.

Last edited:

Neil Middlemiss

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Middlemiss
With the recent passing of Ray Liotta, this early action we of his has been on my mind. The only disc in existence is a non-anamorphic DVD from HBO Video, derived from an LD master. I’d like to think a fresh master could drum up some sales, or even become a streaming favourite. Thoughts? As far as I know, Universal would hold the rights, since they now have the Savoy Pictures library and licenced Serial Mom (another Savoy title) to Shout! Factory in the recent past.
This one has been on my wish list for years. The DVD I have is long past its prime. Ray Liotta was so good in this (as he was in everything he did).

Bob Cashill

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert Cashill
There’s an all-regions Blu from Umbrella Entertainment in Australia, released in 2018. In very good shape (under an alternate title, Escape from Absolom) but you’ll have to search for it; an alternative would be preferable.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Update: it looks like Unearthed Films will be releasing this on 11 Oct 2022. https://www.unearthedfilms.com/future-releases.php
It’s been on our Amazon Pre-Order list for a couple of months now.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation966
Recent bookmarks