What's new

Anybody else still waiting on five free HD-DVD's? (1 Viewer)

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher
Mine finally arrived today. Sent it in on December 10th.

The only bad thing is they sent me a copy of Harry Potter and The Order Of The Phoenix instead of Charlie and The Chocolate Factory. I already have the HP movie on Blu-Ray. :frowning:

Edit: Upon entering the movies into my DVD Profiler Database, I found the upc's have been scratched out. The back cover on my Darkman is trashed. A huge gash from the top to half way down the back cover.

NICE JOB DUMMIES!!!! :angry: :angry: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Just called to check. My form (sent in a little over a month ago) is finally received and validated and "in process."

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
Wow, I actually got mine today about five months after submitting the rebate info. :)

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Craig
sent early january and am still waiting. I hope they don't drop them. It was one of the things that made me get the player in the first place. Will they give me some form of credit if they dont send the disks?

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
I doubt they'd give you any sort of credit, but I wouldn't worry too much about getting the discs. All those recalled discs from the stores have to end up somewhere! :)

Martin Teller

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin Teller
Anyone have a number to call about the 5 free BLU-RAY offer? I've been waiting 3 months.

EDIT: nm, I found it. 1-800-598-9671 for anyone who needs it.

Al.Anderson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Al
I received mine yesterday. (Sent it in the 1st week of January.)

On the negative side two of the 5 had damaged cases. Fortunately the disks were fine.

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Received my 5 free BDs 9 weeks after I mailed in for them (sent the end of January, received this past weekend)...

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
So who had or is having the longest wait? Mine took about 5 months.

DaveyM

Stunt Coordinator
I got mine yesterday. It took almost 4 months. I was very disappointed when i opened the package. They had substituted all 5 of my picks with movies i have zero interest in.
It was a total waste of time for me.

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Craig
same here. So does anyone want to trade one crappy hd dvd for another? I only have a small collection (bought my player this past xmas). NONE of my selections were sent to me. Of the 5, I already have one, and there was only one other that I would probably keep, but I haven't seen it yet so I don't even know about that. I'll probably just sell off the player and all the disks.
So here is what I got
1. Streets of Fire
2. The Italian Job (have regular dvd of this. does HD version look THAT much better to warrant keeping this?)
3. Doom
4. Harry Potter order of pheonix (already have this hd-dvd)
5. Alexander (revisited/extended) - never saw it - is it any good?

trades anyone? the only one I REALLY wanted was Pitch Black, and that didn't come

Oh, and I am so disgusted with the whole way all of this was handled, that I'll probably never buy a toshiba product again.

Joe Fisher

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joseph E Fisher

Craig, drop me a PM. I'll let you have my copy of Pitch Black if you want it as I sold my A3 today and no longer have a need for it.

Jesse Skeen

Senior HTF Member
This is great- I sent mine the last week it was eligible, so I probably won't get any of the ones I picked. By the time they come the stores probably won't have them anymore so I won't be able to buy the titles I really wanted, but if I buy them now I'll still have a chance of getting duplicate copies. This whole thing is for my dead format collection anyways.

Stephen_J_H

All Things Film Junkie
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Stephen J. Hill
I'm not worried about getting duplicates. My current collection is fairly small (~20 titles), but if we do get duplicates, perhaps we should set up a forum thread for trading duplicate titles. Whaddya think?

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David

That stinks. I only had one substituted so it wasn't too bad for me-- not that many of the movies were movies I just had to have. Maybe trading titles is the way to go.

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Craig
I've been having a good long run of bad luck lately (looooong story) so since Joe is sending me the one movie I wanted, I'll offer up one of the ones I received as an act of good karma...

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Thanks for the heads-up -- I'm *this* close to ordering Streets of Fire, but I'll wait since there's a chance I'll get it free. :)

Which titles did you guys request and not get? If they don't send me Black Rain then I'll have requested it unsuccessfully on BD *and* HD-DVD!

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Got mine on Friday (though they were at my parents for about a month and a half--I bought my A2 in the US, so I used my parents' address for the discs and the form was mailed in early January). Only got 2 of the 5 I requested.

I requested:
Black Rain (got it)
Aeon Flux (got it)
Pitch Black (got Doom instead)
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory (got Streets of Fire instead)
The Frighteners (got Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix instead)

No duplicates with my other discs, so I guess it's okay (they're free, after all), though if anyone wants Streets of Fire, I'll gladly trade. I've also got an extra copy of Flags of our Fathers (a Christmas gift that fell behind the entertainment centre and was found only recently--meanwhile, I'd already bought a copy when I "didn't get it" for Christmas).

I'll trade one or both (neither have been opened--still shrink wrapped) if anyone has something to propose of interest in return.

craig_curtis

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Craig
at least you got a few ones you wanted. I wanted Frighteners too. I was 0/5 for the ones that I originally ordered! I think there will be alot of copies of Streets of Fire floating around here pretty soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cennetkaralowa
Recent bookmarks